Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Como puedo actualizar mi Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

Fr3
Beginner

Lo estaba intentando actualizar muchas veces dicen que no es compatible  estaba buscando soluciones que puedo hacer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor does not have graphics.  If you are trying to update for Windows 10, there is no Intel driver.  All you have is the Microsoft generic driver which lacks features and performance.  Your processor is from 2008.

It is time for you to upgrade  to a new or newer machine, something with an 8th gen processor or later.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

Fr3
Beginner

ya tengo windows 10 pero gracias

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The only update that might be possible is to a Core 2 Quad processor. Whether any of these processors are actually supported by your motherboard is something that we cannot help you determine. You will need to look at the resources (online/offline documentation, BIOS updates, etc.) available for your motherboard to determine whether it actually supports this kind of upgrade.

I would be reticent if I didn't point out that the performance gain from this processor upgrade will be fairly small and, in my opinion, a waste of money. The real answer is the complete replacement of (at least) the motherboard and processor with a much more modern solution. Think about it this way: the money you waste today upgrading this processor is money that you will not have later when you do have to replace the whole system. If money is tight enough that this is all you can afford, I would actually recommend NOT upgrading anything until you can upgrade everything.

Hope this helps,

...S