Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Compatibility Issue with Intel ARC A-series on Intel Evo Laptop

judywatsonn
Beginner

Hello forum members,

I'm facing a compatibility issue with the Intel ARC A-series graphics cards on my Intel Evo laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/faqs/intel-evo/], and I'm seeking some assistance to address this problem. Whenever I attempt to install and use an Intel ARC A-series graphics card on my laptop, I encounter errors and performance issues that prevent the card from functioning properly.

I have verified that my Intel Evo laptop meets the system requirements specified by Intel for the ARC A-series graphics cards, including the recommended hardware specifications and operating system version. However, when I install the graphics card and try to use it, I experience display artifacts, driver conflicts, and instability in graphics-intensive applications.

I have tried updating the graphics drivers, adjusting the power settings, and even reinstalling the operating system, but the issue persists. It seems to be a specific compatibility issue between the Intel ARC A-series graphics cards and my Intel Evo laptop configuration.

If any of you have encountered similar compatibility issues with the Intel ARC A-series graphics cards on an Intel Evo laptop or have any suggestions for resolving this problem, I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello judywatsonn

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing crashes and performance issues when trying to use an Intel® Arc™ GPU on your system.

I would like to get some clarification so we can better understand the issue and help you out with a solution. I see you mention the issue happen when installing the ARC GPU on your system. Do you refer to the integrated GPU on the laptop and the issue happens when installing the driver? Or, Are you using an external enclosure and trying to connect an external ARC GPU through a Thunderbolt port?

Also, please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response so we can get more information on the hardware configurations for this laptop.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello judywatsonn

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello judywatsonn

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos