Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Computer display stopped working after incomplete driver update.

shadoblud
Beginner

I was updating the drivers for my intel hd 4400 by using the intel driver support assistant.

After downloading the driver I started installing it. The screen started flickering in the middle. I knew this was normal as I was updating the display driver but it went on going and just showed the flickering cursor in the black screen.... I rebooted and the problem continued. Now I reinstalled windows 10 but now should I update the driver? I play games which requires updated drivers. What should I do??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello shadoblud,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Provide the specific driver version you installed.
  • Are you receiving an error message from the games requiring to update the driver? If so, please provide details, as the name of the games and the specific messages.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello shadoblud,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello shadoblud,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos