Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Connecting 8K TV + 4K TV as a monitor to Nuc 9 Extreme kit as monitors

DM
Novice

Hi there, 

Have Extreme Nuc 9 with 9980HK  CPU, put in NVIDIA 3060 ti - works beautifully with multiple screens, even with single 8K TV (Samsung 75 inch TV) at 60hz Chroma 4:4:4. 

However, I cannot connect 8K monitor with any other monitor (4k) at the same time - one of the monitors turns off. If I run both as 4k resolutions - it works fine. 

I even tried connecting 8k to the NVIDIA 3060 ti HDMI 2.1 port and the 4k TV to NUC's own HDMI 2.0, or Thunderbolt ports, or even external GPU enclosure through TB3 - still can't get to run them. 

Is there a bottleneck at 9th gen intel CPUs level, or anything else and I should stop trying to make it work? Really frustrating, even though on the paper it should work to my knowledge. 

Davit

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel

Hello DM,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information in the future, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello DM,

To better assist you can you please provide the following reports and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one that you currently use if you use any of course.

1-Please provide the exact brand and model of the TV, monitor, and cables that you have been testing together.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

DM
Novice

TV model: Samsung QN75Q850T

This cable. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CKDBQ93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  

All the reports attached. 

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello DM,

Based on the information that you have provided and the one we could find in our datasheet(Page 8 and 9) for this NUC model, we believe that what you have been experiencing is a limitation that is related to trying to use both the external and internal graphics together to achieve 8K + 4K together, on our end the recommended configurations we have will support up to three displays at 4K.

What we recommend is to check with NVidia directly to see if they have any recommendations or configurations while using their card to see if such a combination is possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

DM
Novice

Victor, 

What you provided is all great, but I am using the installed (not external) NVIDIA 3060 ti mini by Asus that does have multiple monitor support one of them being 8k (HDMI 2.1). 

The graph that you provided refers exclusively to internal graphics. 

Any thoughts on that?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello DM,

The information that we have refers exclusively to internal graphics because we have no control of the output that a third-party graphics card is going to give neither the limitations that it will bring when it’s used with our internal graphics.

If you test the NUC with any of the video ports it comes with without having the eGPU into consideration the maximum video output you can get will be 4K + 4K in a dual monitor setup; however, if you have the eGPU in consideration the maximum output that you can get may have unforeseen issues that we have no control off since our internal graphics are validated to work up until the maximum resolution that we have provided in both a dual and a three monitor setup; consequently, any configuration, limitation or any issue while using the NVidia card should be addressed by the manufacturer of it.   

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello DM,

We will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information in the future, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.