Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Core i5-661 x HD 5670 miss info about graphics.

ThiagoBeraldo
Beginner

Hi guys, how are you?

After eleven years of moderate use, it's time to replace some parts of the configuration I have:

CPU =Intel core i5 - 760(LGA)
MB = DH55HC
GPU = XFX Radeon HD 5670
RAM = 4Gb/2x2Gb1333
HD = 1T

At the moment I do not intend to change the entire pc setup for economic reasons.
I'm studying replacing the processor and the video card (with cooling problems) by the Intel Core i5-661 processor (LGA1156), but my doubt is due to the graphics processing. Even looking on the internet pages and also on benchmark sites, I can't find anything that leads me to the knowledge to make a comparison between my current GPU and Core i5-661 GPU.
Could someone please give me a direction so I can be comparing the graphics processing of both?

Thank you and have a good week for everyone!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The i5-661 is a serious downgrade from the i5-760. You go from four cores down to two (HT) cores.

As for graphics, the answer is moot:

1. With a add-in graphics card installed, the processor graphics engine is disabled.
  2. Intel does not support the processor's graphics engine with Windows 10, regardless. There is no graphics drivers for Windows 10 for 1st gen processors (or 2nd gen for that matter).

Hope this helps,

...S

ThiagoBeraldo
Beginner

I believe other people had the same doubt.

Thanks for answering and clarifying the matter!

0 Kudos