Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Corruption in XBMC

idata
Employee

There seems to be some kind of graphical corruption in XBMC with the new drivers ... icons/logos get corrupted in the interface and there are some other minor corruptions in lists (will upload images later when i get home).

I'm running the latest 64-bit drivers on two different systems both with an i3 (HD 4000) and both experience the same problem.

Operating system used is win 8 (one PRO and the other "vanilla" win 8). System 1 is runnig XBMC 12 and the other XBMC 12.1 and both are runnig the "Aeon Nox" skin .. same corruption in both.

Can someone else please confirm this issue.

0 Kudos
163 Replies
PWils8
Novice

Please do skim through some more movies and let us know.

Anyone know if this driver will become available for windows 7?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for that feedback asg.

For the other users having this issue, the latest generic we have just released is posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 Driver version 15.33.5.3316 (10.18.10.3316) @ Download Center

Folks, please test this driver and let me know what you see with your systems to report back.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

If these are successful in fixing the issues, will similar drivers/fixes be made available for windows 7 soon?

0 Kudos
AGund5
Beginner

As promised I've tested more movies and the new driver still looks good.

My library consists mainly of h.264 encoded stuff so there's where I've done the most testing. I've checked movies in both 720p/1080p, 16:9, 4:3, 2.35:1 aspect ratios and high bit rate and lower bit rate stuff. I've also sampled what I had of xvid/divx encoded movies, DVDs and even YouTube. No problems to report.

Only thing I can think of I haven't tested is VC-1 encoded movies but I don't believe I have any of those.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Thank you for testing , most of my stuff is H.264 so looking forward for the fix now.

Just hope they don't take too long releasing this for windows 7

0 Kudos
JReit3
Beginner

Hey guys,

just inplace-upgraded my i5 4570T based htpc to Windows Pro 8.1 x64 using the ISO file. Until now, 15.33.5.3316 (10.18.10.3316) seems to do the trick. No graphical glitches, HDMI audio and video working flawlessly, smooth, hardware accelerated playback, no green pixel bar during playback.

Good job, Intel!

0 Kudos
MNiel3
Novice

Its all good and fine that you release a windows 8.1 driver, but some of us still use Windows 7, so whats going on with that?

0 Kudos
CMaso1
Beginner

jonas2k wrote:

Hey guys,

just inplace-upgraded my i5 4570T based htpc to Windows Pro 8.1 x64 using the ISO file. Until now, 15.33.5.3316 (10.18.10.3316) seems to do the trick. No graphical glitches, HDMI audio and video working flawlessly, smooth, hardware accelerated playback, no green pixel bar during playback.

Good job, Intel!

Good job intel? You purchased another OS to make their driver work on your machine. What's good about that?

0 Kudos
JReit3
Beginner

8.1 is a free update for Windows 8.0, so you don't have to purchase anything. Of course, Intel should implement all the necessary changes for older operating systems drivers too. But I think it has to be allowed to express appreciation, if something proves to be positive, ain't it?

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Not really sure if / why hes upset with you.

You didn't do anything wrong, and its great news that they have something working finally so thats for also reporting it. It would just be nice if it wasn't only for windows 8.1. Hopefully they get these fixes into a windows 7 driver asap

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello folks,

Thank you for the feedback provided so far. If you see something else that is not looking good, just keep that feedback coming please.

The main reason of my reply is to let the win7 users know that we are still working on getting a driver for this platform, I'll let you know when I get something new on this.

0 Kudos
CMaso1
Beginner

I can appreciate the work being done, and I'm not upset at anyone other than Intel. In my case I would have to buy Windows 8.1 to make these bugs go away and I was under the impression that Platypus2 had to do the same. Although I can appreciate the work being done, I guess I'm not ready to hear "great job Intel" while my machine is still having problems. Regardless, I'm glad your machine is working...just wish mine was, too.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

I don't actually have an intel chip yet, I am whenever intel can decide to release the new NUC, I guess the delay is now welcomed with the delay in this windows 7 driver lol. I have no plans on buying windows 8 (either) so windows 7 driver is quite important to me. So for me at least, seeing some progress on this issue is better than some were saying on the xbmc forums of "fat chance intel will bother to fix it". But yeah, I can't imagine how annoying / bad it is that yours doesn't actually work at the moment, I would hope that a windows 7 driver won't take much longer now that the windows 8 one is out, but who knows >.<

0 Kudos
CSpam
Beginner

I must say I'm extremely disappointed in Intel's response to this. Here we are 8 months after Intel created a problem for their users with an update to their drivers, after 7 months they release a driver for a minority of their users and leave Windows 7 users with "still working on getting a driver for this platform". What is going on? Where is the update for Windows 7 users who have being having trouble for so long?

0 Kudos
SFein1
Beginner

hear hear. This is infuriating.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Yeah its a bit weird.

Been two weeks since that fix for windows 8 came out, since then at least one more windows 8 driver has come out. How long does it take to get the fix into a windows 7 driver? Its been over a month since the last windows 7 driver right?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

We are still working on a driver fix for Microsoft* Windows* 7 and this new issue. I suggest that you subscribe a RSS feed to the drivers to get a notification when a new driver is released for this platform so you can test.

0 Kudos
Sk12
Beginner

Hi Diego. Thank you for your replies to this issue. Do you have a rough estimate of when the fix for Windows 7 might be available? I would rather just check back periodically as I don't wish to subscribe to a feed. Do you think I should check back in days, weeks or months?

0 Kudos
PBrau1
Beginner

Any news about an expected time for the fix?

I have to admit that I am very dissappointed in Intel. I have had a pc for more than 20 years and all have been Intel inside. I have been a very happy customer, but I am so disappointed in your handling of this that I am considering changing to AMD next time I need a new CPU. I have purchased my NUC based on the recommendations from your own website, stating that the NUC is the perfect machine for a Home Media Center. How can you claim this when you don't have drivers that support the worlds biggest Media Center software, XBMC?

Intel, please step up to the challenge and fix this and restore our faith in your company as a leading manufacturer of PCs and components. You are not living up to your brand.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Is there any particular reason why the fix is taking longer for windows 7? Just a bit confused as there is already a fix available for windows 8, why does it take so much time / effort to transfer that over to windows 7?

I get that Intel might be concentrating their efforts on windows 8, but given that they have just released likely HTPC's (NUC) I'd think they might want to get the fix (which I thought was working for 8, so again, am I missing why it takes so much longer to come to 7?) out asap for them.

0 Kudos
CForm2
Beginner

Hi Diego,

I'm happy to report that everything is fixed in Windows 8.1 with the 3316 driver *EXCEPT* VC-1 video decoding with DXVA2 enabled is still broken. Disabling DVXA2 decoding plays back the files fine, but obviously the modest CPU in NUC units are problematic when it comes to high bitrate untouched Blu-ray VC-1 decoding.

I have quite a few VC-1 encoded videos and can prepare a sample if need be, however they all exhibit the same behaviour so literally any VC-1 encoded video will be fine to reproduce the problem.

-fanclub

0 Kudos