Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Corruption in XBMC

idata
Employee

There seems to be some kind of graphical corruption in XBMC with the new drivers ... icons/logos get corrupted in the interface and there are some other minor corruptions in lists (will upload images later when i get home).

I'm running the latest 64-bit drivers on two different systems both with an i3 (HD 4000) and both experience the same problem.

Operating system used is win 8 (one PRO and the other "vanilla" win 8). System 1 is runnig XBMC 12 and the other XBMC 12.1 and both are runnig the "Aeon Nox" skin .. same corruption in both.

Can someone else please confirm this issue.

0 Kudos
163 Replies
PWils8
Novice

Do the drivers released a few hours ago for win 7/8/8.1 finally fix these issues for windows 7?

/message/213680# 213680 https://communities.intel.com/message/213680# 213680

There is no mention of it in the release notes for win 7, but it is a driver later driver version than both win 8.1 (that fixed these issues) and win 7.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello all, could you please test the drivers posted here?

x64: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&keyword=3345&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng Download Center

x32: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406&keyword=3345&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng Download Center

These drivers are compatible with win7, win8 and win8.1 using 3rd and 4th generation Intel® HD Graphics controllers.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

I have tested the 64 bit windows 7 ones.

Perfect Fixed all 4:3 issues and any other random green bar appearances.

Also fixed other issues I wasn't even sure were graphics driver related so I'm pretty happy. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Ddala
Beginner

I also tested 64 bit win 7

Graphics works just fine now, no green bar

But when changing hdmi input on receiver and then back, hdmi as soundoutput is no more (only spdif remains) on windows until next reboot

0 Kudos
SFein1
Beginner

Also tested on Win7 64-bit and can report that it fixed the issues i was experiencing with DVX2 enabled. @Dala, I experienced the same thing in XBMC (that HDMI wasn't an option for sound output) the first time I fired it up, but a close and reopen seems to have miraculously fixed it.

0 Kudos
lrigb
Beginner

Seriously VC-1 encoded material is STILL broken win7. Don't you guys do any testing at all before releasing drivers?? Or don't you bother to read what problems people are experiencing?

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

scoobydoo1969 wrote:

Seriously VC-1 encoded material is STILL broken win7. Don't you guys do any testing at all before releasing drivers?? Or don't you bother to read what problems people are experiencing?

Yeah, I don't have many VC-1 encoded videos but I decided to try it yesterday and it is still 'broken'. Its 'better' than it was but still isn't watchable. For me, the video I tried at least, it wasn't green bars anymore but rather a weird color change, the video kept going 'bright' and then back to normal every few seconds.

Other than that the drivers seem great, so hopefully you guys can have another look / go at getting VC-1 fixed.

0 Kudos
BSole
Beginner

Just build my htpc with intel inside. i5 4440, hd4600 graphics, running win7. installed the latest driver posted here but still have problems with very slow menus. trying to scroll through a lot of files with up/down buttons is super slow, takes about 1sec between each file. playback seems OK but my old laptop with core duo scrolls very fast, runs through the file list in 4sec. and i have 234 movies in my list. is there hope for a fix soon?

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

bullitt wrote:

Just build my htpc with intel inside. i5 4440, hd4600 graphics, running win7. installed the latest driver posted here but still have problems with very slow menus. trying to scroll through a lot of files with up/down buttons is super slow, takes about 1sec between each file. playback seems OK but my old laptop with core duo scrolls very fast, runs through the file list in 4sec. and i have 234 movies in my list. is there hope for a fix soon?

That doesn't sound like a graphics driver problem to me, what makes you think it is?

What xbmc version are you using? What are using to scroll up/down the files? A keyboard? Have you tried a keyboard? What skin are using? I'm using Aeon nox 4.0, frodo 12.2 and using both keyboard and my Harmony, it scrolls very fast. I have over 1000 movies in my list and it doesn't take very long to get through them.

I literally just turned mine on now to check. Loaded stopwatch on my phone, it took 8.6 seconds to scroll from 1 to 1200 (using a harmony remote as well). That seemed pretty quick to me, how fast are you expecting? As I said, doesn't sound like a graphics driver problem to me :S

0 Kudos
BSole
Beginner

I'm running XBMC Frodo 12.2 on Win 7 64bit. my setup is /k/ki.aspx?sku=794261 Intel Core i5-4440, /k/ki.aspx?sku=784191 Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI Socket-1150, /k/ki.aspx?sku=744179 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB, /k/ki.aspx?sku=773376 Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU, /k/ki.aspx?sku=773515 Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM.

I'm not sure why, but i can't help think it's a problem with the graphics driver. i have tried different versions of XBMC with diffrent skins and always the same result. slow as f*** scrolling. the posters in the library cant keep up and i have to wait for a long time before posters show up. My old laptop with Core 2 Duo, Nvidia gt130 graphics card and Win Vista 32bit works like a charm, no problems. so a faster computer should work just as well or better, not slower. Even tried to copy XBMC with all userdata from my laptop and same results. tried scrolling using MCE remote, keybord and mouse. With a mouse i get faster scrolling, but suddenly it stops for a bit before it continues.

Cant help thinking I should've gone with AMD

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Are you running over WIFI? Though actually...the posters should be stored locally right?

Have you tried bringing this up over at the XBMC forums? I honestly can't believe its a graphics drivers. I mean, if the posters were corrupt or not showing up at all then maybe that would be a different story, but them showing up 'slow' - I wouldn't immediately jump onto the graphics drivers.

Do you think the posters taking a while to load up is what is causing the scrolling to be slow? Are you running a mysql database or local database? If this was me, I'd rule out the possibility of the SSD by installing XBMC onto a USB stick and running it in portable mode and seeing if I still had slow scrolling. I dunno, again just I can't see how or why it could be graphics driver related - have you ruled everything else out :S? It sounds like it should definitely be something related to your HTPC and not XBMC but I'm just not convinced of graphic drivers unless you can say you've ruled everything else / mostly everything else out first.

It would be interesting to see what people thought about this over at the XBMC forums, as I liked to know if anyone else thinks this could be graphic driver related / also had similar problems with graphics drivers.

0 Kudos
BSole
Beginner

Tried running wired and WIFI but still same old story. I have tried the XBMC forums but no luck on a fix yet. Have done some search around the XBMC forum for this problem and it seems to be a intel problem as AMD user dont seem to have the same problems. And if they do it looks like it is a setting issue in XBMC. which i of course have tried to change but no dice. I havent tried running it on a portable device yet, but will try that today. Thanks for the tip

I'm by no means a computer wiz so it's a bit frustrating as it works like a charm on my laptop but not on my HTPC. it's not only the library (where the posters are) that's slow, but also the files list. It's a stupid problem to have, I know. could it be chipssetdriver related? It's as if I'm trying to load a heavy graphical game and it stutters, like if I have a slow prosessor or graphics card that cannot load the graphics quick enough. Could this be the problem?

0 Kudos
CMaso1
Beginner

Diego,

Wanted to let you know that this driver seems to be working much better. I do not have any VC-1 encodings so I can't attest to that, but I do feel like I can see the slightest occasional stutter. I can live with it the way it is; but I guess you still have a little more work to do for the VC-1 folks or for those that can't stand the slight stutter every once in a while. Although, I haven't seen anyone else mention the slight occasional stutter....yet.

0 Kudos
lrigb
Beginner

yes vc-1 still needs fixing

0 Kudos
RFerg
Beginner

^^^

I have this exact same issue with scrolling. All the artwork is stored locally, it is a graphical issue. Just came from an AMD APU and never had this issue.

0 Kudos
NNLN
Beginner

My condolences to anyone running XBMC on an HD 4600.

I just purchased an i5-4440 with integrated HD 4600. I was having no end of trouble with XBMC crashing. Once I found this thread I updated to the VERY latest drivers. XBMC ran but there were still issues w/ my multi-monitor setup. XBMC would take out 1/2 of my adjacent monitor. I ended up putting an old AMD card in and it is working fine now. For anyone building a new XBMC system be forewarned.

0 Kudos
PBrau1
Beginner

Just updated to the latest drivers and everything seems fine now. Thanks for fixing it - I really appreciate it.

Peter

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Are you talking about Windows 8?

The issue still exists in Windows 7...don't thank them yet....I'm getting green bars on 4:3 content :S

0 Kudos
PBrau1
Beginner

Nope. I am on Win7 and my errors have vanished...

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

Well since your last post last week there hasn't been any new drivers release, so I can assure you they haven't vanished, you most likely have just done something to cover up the issues.

Are you running xbmc in true fullscreen and tried playing a 4:3 encoded H.264 file? I noticed that fullscreen window mode didn't have a green bar on 4:3 videos but then HD video would have unbearable 'jerkiness'.

0 Kudos
Jx7
Beginner

Maybe he have disabled HW-Acceleration, this also can be a Workaround.

0 Kudos