Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Corruption in XBMC

idata
Employee

There seems to be some kind of graphical corruption in XBMC with the new drivers ... icons/logos get corrupted in the interface and there are some other minor corruptions in lists (will upload images later when i get home).

I'm running the latest 64-bit drivers on two different systems both with an i3 (HD 4000) and both experience the same problem.

Operating system used is win 8 (one PRO and the other "vanilla" win 8). System 1 is runnig XBMC 12 and the other XBMC 12.1 and both are runnig the "Aeon Nox" skin .. same corruption in both.

Can someone else please confirm this issue.

0 Kudos
163 Replies
SRatt1
Beginner

This driver almost fix it for me. 90% of my movies works like a charm, HD audio and everything. I still get some weird green garble on top of the screen on some movies that have unusual resolution like 1016 X 1036 (overscan?). Full HD movies works like a charm. Letter box movies work too. Almost there.

0 Kudos
CMaso1
Beginner

Diego, I still have the same problems with my i5-4670T. Green lines at top and left sides of video. So no change for me. Thanks

0 Kudos
GHamm4
Beginner

Installed latest drivers on Windows 8.1 and xbmc just crashes a few seconds after starting up. Was fine before driver update.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you all for this feedback. I am forwarding this for further confirmation and testing.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
MVrie
Beginner

I too confirm that with a i3-4130 Haswell CPU and this latest driver, I experience graphic corruption in form of a green horizontal bar on screen. When I disable DXVA2 video acceleration in XBMC the issue no longer occurs. However, ofcourse I would want to use DXVA2...

0 Kudos
AGund5
Beginner

Question, those who are experiencing a green bar with the new driver, did you try the beta driver posted here earlier and if yes did you have the same issue with that driver?

Just trying to figure out if it's worth upgrading from the beta that is currently working fine for me in XBMC.

0 Kudos
ASabz
Beginner

I tried the beta for a short while and the main issues that I had was with the audio.

the green bars appear in the new drivers only on small portion of the videos.

I did not get to test all my videos in the beta drivers to find any green bars, since the audio issue was so obvious that I rolled back very quickly.

0 Kudos
DB9
Beginner

I have been having sound issues, which seemed unrelated to the graphics issues discussed in this thread. For reference, here is a link to the other thread: /message/202073 https://communities.intel.com/message/202073

So, with these new drivers, I wanted to see if the audio (and video corruption in XBMC) problems were fixed. The video seems to be playing OK, so that's fine for me personally. On the other hand, when I turn off the receiver for a length of time, then come back and turn the receiver back on, the NUC loses its relationship with my receiver. No Playback Devices Installed. I have to reboot.

These new drivers offered a ray of hope. After installing, I was able to go overnight, with the receiver off, come back in the morning, power up my receiver from standby (NUC being on the whole time), and I still had sound.

I'm not meaning to derail this thread about graphical issues, but one component or the other still has problems. Just wanted to say that the video issues were fixed for me in XBMC, but that may be because I'm not using the kind of graphic accelerations that result in issues. Sound issues, Windows being able to see my receiver after coming out of standby, still isn't fixed completely.

0 Kudos
lrigb1
Beginner

heres where I am. The new drivers now cause green banding on some videos, plus I am having lots of sound issues. Windows keeps loosing connection to my pioneer amp and also sound issues within XBMC that causes slow and stuttering playback. The playback issues seem to be with VC-1 dolby stereo encoded films eg BBC's Wonders of Nature. This is just so annoying and has really changed my mind about intel. I made a new HTPC based around the haswel chip because of its suppose abilities and I wanted a system with no GPU so as to keep heat down. Now I have been forced to buy Nvidia card so I can enjoy my HTPC experience the way it was meant

0 Kudos
SMart18
Beginner

I have the same issues:

1) Installed latest drivers on Windows 8.1 and xbmc just crashes a few seconds after starting up. Was fine before driver update.

2) Green lines around movies with DXVA2 enabled.

I am running a Haswell CPU (4670T) with an Asus Gryphon mobo.

This is purely for XBMC, and it isn't the best impression of shiny new hardware.

0 Kudos
SFein1
Beginner

I'm just reporting that I too was experiencing the original problem, and I have since downloaded this latest Driver and though it fixed the horizontal bars and scrambled, pixelated icons, I too, am now experiencing random green "bars" "lines" and flashes when playing 1080p movies. I'm pretty upset about this and would like a fix asap.

0 Kudos
jalle9
Beginner

I think someone from Intel needs to ask someone from AMD how to make it work

0 Kudos
SFein1
Beginner

Just replying with a bit more detail on my issue (mostly same as everyone else). I constantly shifting green bars essentially the same as @Craigino with DVXA2 enabled and when disabled, the still see tearing when I clone my desktop across my TV and a Monitor. No tearing is visible if the Desktop is extended or if only one is monitor (TV or Monitor) is connected.

0 Kudos
SMart18
Beginner

Intel what is the latest on this!?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

I replicated the issue using the drivers released lately that solve the corruption seen in XBMC using some skins, after confirming the problem (in my system only occurs when changing the aspect ratio to 4:3, not sure of this is the case for all of you). I reported this and a fix is being developed by now.

0 Kudos
CMaso1
Beginner

Here are my green lines...not in 4:3 format.

0 Kudos
P289
Beginner

Craigino wrote:

Here are my green lines...not in 4:3 format.

Why you be hiding the "Wild Bill" cover? Did a google image search only on themoviedb.org and selected to filter the color yellow. About 7 pages down I found the image that looked like what you tried to blur out. :]

Anyway, I hope Intel figures all this stuff out soon.

0 Kudos
SMart18
Beginner

Diego_Intel,

This isn't just affecting 4:3, its affecting most movies.

Currently I am unable to use DXVA2 at all.

0 Kudos
PWils8
Novice

I hope a fix is in the works for this.

With the haswell nucs just around the corner, its going to look very bad if their htpc can't play video properly in xbmc....

0 Kudos
jalle9
Beginner

I got sick of waiting and purchased a Asus Hd 7770, glad i did.. Not only do i NOT have the problems mentioned here anymore but i noticed that my blacks are now black ,does anyone notice their 'blacks' look grey and have a checkered pattern? maybe this is a problem too.

0 Kudos
AGund5
Beginner

So I just updated to Windows 8.1 and in the process I apparently had my graphics driver updated as well to v.10.18.10.3316. This version has literally just become available at the Intel Download Center as I've been typing this post.

The new driver looks good so far. I came from the beta driver (9.18.10.3214) mentioned on an earlier page having not upgraded because of the reports of green lines during movie playback on the latest stable driver. I have tested a bunch of movies on the new driver, both 16:9 and 4:3 and so far no green lines and I haven't noticed any graphic glitches in XBMC either.

So with fingers crossed I'm going to skim through some more movies to verify that this driver is indeed bug free.

0 Kudos