Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Cosmoteer crash on UHD 630 (I3-10100)

gabesdark
Beginner

I am having issues while playing Cosmoteer, that after some time it will anyway crash.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

gabesdark, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was the game Cosmoteer working fine before on this same platform?

If that is the case, do you remember the graphics driver version installed when it was working properly?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
gabesdark
Beginner

Yes, somewhat new.

Yes.

No.

When i started the game for the first time, after few minutes the issue has appeared.

Hardware: just replaced for a new air cooler

software: only drivers + windows 11.

in both.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

gabesdark, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Did you check the system requirements of the game to make sure your system complies with them?

Based on the details showing in the SSU, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed is 30.0.100.9684 which is the latest Intel® graphics driver version we have available on our website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30579/Intel-Graphics-Windows-DCH-Drivers

Keep in mind that the Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system.

For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is 27.20.100.9316, for Windows* 10, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B460M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Now, in this specific scenario, it is important to mention that since you are currently using Windows* 11, what we recommend will be to get in contact directly with Gigabyte support to check with them if they have more recent drivers for that operating system since according to their website, the board/drivers were tested and validated using Windows* 10 as OS and they might not work for Windows* 11. Also, to check that the most recent BIOS version is currently installed on your machine or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
gabesdark
Beginner
Yes, Even at high Quality setting i can at 60+ FPS, If i unlock the cap
I already installed fresh copies of 9316(Directly from gigabyte) And versions between these two, And as you mentioned the 9684, the issue still persists, i actually don't prefer to install 9316 Mainly because of instabilities with vulkan API and some graphical artefacts on game, With the issue of OPENGL having green lines on any OPENGL games.
I will try to contact gigabyte if they have/had a driver for the windows 11, But i would recommend still test to see if the issue appears on other machines.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

gabesdark, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We are sorry to hear the issue remains after testing all the different graphics driver versions and suggestions provided previously. 

"I will try to contact gigabyte if they have/had a driver for the windows 11", Yes, that will be the next thing to do, it is important to get in contact directly with them to report this scenario, to check they can replicate the issue using the same exact platform that you are using and for further assistance n this matter, a physical inspection of the device might be needed as well. Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

"But i would recommend still test to see if the issue appears on other machines." Sure, Intel® always keeps an ongoing and continuous testing on different platforms of all the different graphics drivers that we release, which is why the feedback and reports from our customers, like in this case, it is very valuable and helpful for us to keep improving and trying to deliver the best quality/performance products for all of our users in the market.  

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos