Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Crashing during Zwift

larsp
Beginner

Hello,

I've a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 laptop (11th gen Intel i5-1135G7, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 16GB RAM) which has the latest W10 updates (all checked today), also latest  Intel provided drivers.

My issue is that a cycling game I play "Zwift" (zwift.com) will consistently experience a crash, which could be 5 minutes in to riding, or 1.5hrs. The result is always the same "display driver 'igfxn' is not responding anymore and got restored" being reported. At the time the crash happens my screen will just freeze for a second then turn black and 5 seconds later I can again see the display - the issue is that this process puts Zwift in an unrecoverable state and therefore I "lose" the effort and ride information which is troubling.

I can run Zwift on my Samsung S21 without any stability issues at all.

I attach the SSU file, the DirectX Scan file and the scan file from the Intel Graphic Control Center.

Hope you understand my issues. Im not an native english speaker.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello larsp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics on your laptop.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

2. Was the game working before with your Lenovo laptop?

3. Can you share a picture of the error code from the game?

4. Have you checked this issue with Lenovo or the game developers?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
larsp
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

1. The issues started when i started to use the Lenovo laptop to ride on Zwift. Before i was always using my Desktop computer, Samsung Galaxy S21 and the Acer Laptop from my parents. On the other devices i never had any trouble.

2. Sometimes it is working without problems on the Lenovo laptop, but the freezing issue can happen after 5min of riding, after 30min and also after 60min of riding without any problem before.

3. I don't have a picture of it right now. I can take one if it will happen again. My biggest problem is that i cannot recreate the issue. I have to wait until it happens again.

4. I wrote Lenovo and Zwift too, but did not receive any answer yet.

Sorry if I was not too big of a help.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello larsp, 

I do appreciate the information provided. To help you further, please try the following:

1. Clean installation of the Intel drivers<

2. Update your BIOS (FKCN40WW latest). Check with Lenovo for instructions.

3. Perform a clean install of the game. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello larsp,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello larsp, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos