Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Custom Resolution > Maximum Bandwidth

nbobkpo
Beginner

Hello. 

I have a MSI GE72 2QF Apache Pro laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 5600. I have connected an ASUS PB287Q 4K LED monitor via DisplayPort cable. The laptop has an Ultra HD 4K output available.

I would like to use the external monitor on 4K resolution @ 60Hz, but in my Display Adapter Properties I am only limited to 29Hz and 30Hz options for the screen refresh rate. I tried to use the Custom Resolutions to allow my ASUS Digital Display to deliver a 4K resolution at a 60Hz refresh rate, but I am not allowed to do so due to the "The custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity." error. 

This is odd, because my Supported Modes in the Information Center of the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel allow me to use a 3840x2160 (60p Hz) resolution (I have attached a copy of the saved report). 

Please help me solve this issue. Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nbobkpo, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, as you mentioned and as you can confirm in the report you shared on this thread, the Intel® HD Graphics 5600 does support the 3840x2160 (60p Hz) resolution.

So, in this case, the reason why you are not able to get the resolution that you are looking for, it might be because of the customizations done by the manufacturer of the computer, keep in mind that they can enable/disable features and functions and also and modify all the settings in the BIOS

Additionally, based on those same customizations, the cable being used or the video ports in the laptop might not support the resolution needed and in this situation to get in contact directly with them to confirm those details will be the next thing to do:

https://us.msi.com/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos