Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

DP Alt Mode for IdeaCentre A540-27ICB

Thomas33
Beginner

I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre A540-27ICB (Model#MJ0DMT58), and I'm wondering if I can use DP Alt Mode. The model has Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630.   I can't find definitive answers, but my device manager  says "Port Reset Failed."  The drivers are confirmed updated and I've tried a few troubleshooting tips from the internet (uninstall  / reinstall, update driver etc.). 

I am just not sure that the Graphics supports DP Alt Mode. I'm trying to run a USB-C to HDMI Adapter to connect 2 external monitors to the main display (so 3 independent monitors).  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This actually has nothing to do with the graphics engine; it has to do with the capabilities of the USB-C controller chip used and how it is integrated into the motherboard design. In all of the documentation available (there isn't much), this is referred to as being a USB-C 3.1 Gen 1; that's it.

You may have to all Lenovo and ask them this question specifically,

...S

Thomas33
Beginner

Thank you for further explaining this, I appreciate it. I will reach out to Lenovo directly as you indicated.

0 Kudos