Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

DP to HDMI2.0 problem

zliu31
Beginner

My cpu is i7 8700 and motherboard is Gigabyte Z370 wifi and it has one HDMI2.0 port, one HDMI1.4port and a DP port.

I just bought a DELL brand DP to HDMI2.0 (4K) adapter and it has some problems when using UHD630's display port.

1. When it cold starts or wakeups from sleep mode, the black level is not correet and looks gray. The only solution to correct this is to change resolution or refresh rate in driver's control panel and then restore back to the default resolution. Then the color or black level becomes correct.

2. When I set color output format to YCBCR, the color becomes greenish with lines and everything looks fuzzy and not correct.

Dell sent me another adapter and the problem is still there. So, what is the problem here? I got the latest graphic driver.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello clarkliu,

I understand that you are currently experiencing issues when the computer comes back from sleep mode when using a Display Port to HDMI adapter.

Regarding this, Please bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem.

It is highly recommendable to first check with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), for example: Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, etc. And check to see what is the latest graphics driver for your unit. If not, please update the graphics controller to the latest version provided by us, refer to the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=126790 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=126790

Download the ".zip" file and follow the next steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello clarkliu,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos