Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

DSA keeps scanning and the dots on the sys tray bar are gone

drezprime
Novice

This has been going on since november,

I'm aggravated since i had to use driver booster pro to update my intel drivers.

DSA scans FOREVER and the green/amber dots telling you you're up to date or have updates don't show up on the systray icon.  I've uninstalled, cleared registery, rebooted, reinstalled and had the same results,  I have a MSI X299 board with a7800X cpu and 64GB of ram and all the integrated parts.  I started noticing this when your download site went down, so obviously you didnt put all the downloads back.

Either fix this or tell people the autoupdater only works for NEW hardware because your solutions dont work.  It's like you had a intern wipe all the downloads out then try and restore them with failure

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I hear your complaints about IDSA.  But, "driver booster pro"?  Big mistake.

Using any 3rd party driver tool is a mistake, as you never know what the utility uploads from your machine, or what payload it downloads.

I use Windows 10 Pro 20H2.  I have tested the driver update capability of Windows Update quite a bit.  Yes, it needs some improvements, but it works quite well, and only lags a bit behind actual driver availability.  Plus, it handles all machines and manufacturers, and many more drivers than IDSA does, without an exclusion list.

You would be wise to stop using these 3rd party tools.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello drezprime,

Thank you for reporting this, we are currently investigating the issue, you can check here a thread that we are been following up. https://community.intel.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives/Intel-Driver-amp-Support-Assistant-resulting-in-an-endless-scan/m-p/1227604#M26221

Can you please provide the Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions:  

Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  

Click on "This PC."  

Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Also, the logs for the Intel®️ DSA Uninstaller tool: 

Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel®️ DSA. 

Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  

Click on "This PC."  

Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 

Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello drezprime,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello!

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos