Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Dell 3521 HD 4000 A/V Receiver

BGord3
Beginner

I have a Denon X2300W A/V Receiver and a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop with a Intel HD 4000 graphics card 8GB Ram and Windows 10.

I have my receiver set to pass through for the Aux 1 HDMI input on the front of the receiver.

My receiver is connected to my 60" Vizio TV. If I connect directly from laptop to the TV, Windows sees the TV as a second monitor.

All other inputs on the receiver such as Satellite, Xbox1, Xbox 360 and PS3 work as they should.

When I connect my HDMI out on my laptop to the Aux 1 HDMI input on the receiver, Windows and the Intel graphics software do not recognize the receiver/ TV. If I try to setup/ Detect a second monitor in Windows, there is nothing recognized.

I have tried calling Denon and they have no answers, I tried researching on line and still cannot find a solution. I have tried booting everything up in various orders but there is no communication between the laptop and the receiver that allows me to connect to the TV.

I know I could go about connecting directly to the TV and either connect my headphones out or TV audio out to the receiver. I do not prefer to connect this way. I prefer Laptop to Receiver, Receiver to TV.

The best I can determine is an issue with EDID but I have no experience in modifying Windows in this manner, IF EDID is the issue.

In the Intel Graphics Properties, there is no "Advanced Option", only "Basic" and no 2nd display detected when connected to the Denon Reveiver.

Has anyone else had this issue and what was your solution?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BobbyG58,

I understand that when connecting the system to the AV receiver it is not displaying video on the TV.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
BGord3
Beginner

Here it is

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BobbyG58,

Thank you for your response,

Upon review of the information I was able to determine that the next step we can take is to update the graphics driver to the latest validated by the manufacturer of the laptop. Now, we cannot guarantee that this will work as this is considered an adapter and it is not supported but an update could help fix the problem.

Refer to the link below and proceed to do a driver update to the validated version:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3521/drivers/advanced http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3521/drivers/advanced

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.*

Once this is done, if it still does not give you video then the best route to take is to contact the manufacturer of the AVR to see if they have any other recommendation for you.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
BGord3
Beginner

Hi David, I tried the dell update, however the driver installed currently is newer than the one on the Dell support page in the link that you provided. Should I install the older version?

Please keep in mind that if connected directly to a second monitor, Windows does recognize the 2nd monitor using the current driver, just not through the receiver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BobbyG58,

Thank you for your response,

I definitely understand, however, this unit is working while directly connected to a monitor. This means that the unit is working as intended as the device was developed with the idea of connecting another monitor directly and not through any kind of adapter or AVR.

Up to this point, what you can try to do is either connect the unit on a different port of the AVR and/or with a different HDMI cable, or else contact the AVR manufacturer to see if they have any kind of workaround. You could always also try to contact dell to see if they have any kind of firmware update for the HDMI controller.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BobbyG58,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
BGord3
Beginner

Thanks for following up. After doing more testing, it appears that Aux 1 on the receiver is defective and I returned the unit today.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BobbyG58,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, if that is the case please let me know the outcome if possible.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos