Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Dell 7480 with Intel HD Graphics 520- external HDMI monitor not always detected

DHall6
Beginner

I have a new Dell 7480, that on boot or resume fails to see the 3rd monitor without launching the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel -> Display -> Multiple Displays -> Detect.

Once it finds it; it works fine until the next time I restart or resume, and I find the 3rd monitor is missing again.

- current bios update

- Windows 10 1703 (OS Build 15063.483)

- Intel hd Graphics 520 Driver veision 21.20.16.4627

The best i can tell all the drivers are up to date.

Did I miss any information?

Any ideas how I can get the laptop to remember the 3rd monitor?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dave@work,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

I would like to gather more information regarding this behavior, this will help to address this in the most accurate way.

• Provide the brand and model of the cables you are using.
  • Provide the brand and model of the TV's or monitor you are using.
  • Is this the first time setting up this configuration?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DHall6
Beginner

Cable : new startcom hdmi - hdmi

Monitor : I tried a few dell monitors. Such as dell P2213

this is a new Configuration,

new laptop: Dell 7480

new docking station: WD15

This problem is still happening.. once the 3rd monitor is manually detected it works fine, Until the next time its reconnected.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116861 Dave@work, thank you for this information.

From my end you can try updating the Intel® HD Graphics driver version to the latest which is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]; however, if the issue persists the right support for your specific configuration should be provided by Dell. I noticed that this docking station can go through a firmware update, also Dell support can help with more feedback on setting your displays.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DHall6
Beginner

Thanks, I will open up a case with Dell support, quoting this thread.

In the mean time I will note that this is NOT a supported platform as we roll out to users..

As a side note,

- I did update the Docking station, laptop and OS with newest firmware and drivers from Dell and Microsoft, before i started.

- The link you send me does not install.

- I ended up here because the Support tab on the "Intel HD Graphics control Panel" pointed me here; Intel should probably change that if they are not offering support to Dell versioned drivers.

You may close this thread.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My apologies for the inconvenience.

It's possible that you need to install the driver manually, sometimes computer manufacturers don't allow the installation of generic drivers but this bypassed with the manual installation. In case you are interested in installing this driver find the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Please let me know how it goes with Dell support, I am interested in those results.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116861 Dave@work, hope that Dell's support was able to help.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116861 Dave@work, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos