Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Dell Inspiron 15 7506 with Intel Iris Xe Graphic card - colors too high

nicvangate
Novice

Hi, I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 /  7506 and I find that :

I find that colors  are way too high , too flashy,  too intense

It's a 11th Gen Core (TM) i7-1165G7 @2,80Ghz Intel graphic card

Does anyone have some good colors parameters that I can input within the Graphic Intel Configuration center app ?

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE COLORS LESS BRIGHT/glowing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @nicvangate

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that this thread is a duplicate of a previous one that you opened here where we requested additional details and we provided some links for general steps to adjust color settings (point # 6 in that thread). Were you able to check our post and links in that other thread?

Could you please provide additional information so we can check this further?

1- Is this behavior happening on the laptop's built-in display, on an external display, or both?

2- How is this behavior affecting? (for instance, is it affecting tasks, apps, gaming, video playback?).

3- Could you please provide a short video or pictures showing the behavior? You may also share screenshots showing the current color settings that you have set on the Intel® Graphics Command Center.

4- Are you planning to set color parameters for any specific work? Please provide details

5- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nicvangate
Novice

Hi,

Yes I do have the same unsolved problem, I will apply the procedure you're providing me and will keep you posted in the folowing weeks.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello nicvangate

Thank you for your response. Sure, please feel free to post any feedback regarding the articles recommended.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
nicvangate
Novice

1- Is this behavior happening on the laptop's built-in display, on an external display, or both?

It's happening on the laptop's built-in display

2- How is this behavior affecting? (for instance, is it affecting tasks, apps, gaming, video playback?).

It's affecting the viewing process, my colors are too bright . Ex: a human being skin color will be displayed pink

3- Could you please provide a short vide​​o or pictures showing the behavior? You may also share screenshots showing the current color settings that you have set on the Intel® Graphics Command Center.

see attached

4- Are you planning to set color parameters for any specific work? Please provide details

No but if i have to set something especially on a minimum parameter seting, I'd like to know it from Intel

5- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

see attached

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• see attached

Can you tell me how to set some default color parameters for this laptop please.

Thanks

Nicolas Gateff
(phone number removed)
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello nicvangate

Thank you for your response and for all the details provided. Please allow us to look into this. We will be sharing more details as soon as possible.

Note: We have edited your post to remove personal information (phone number) in order to protect your privacy.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello nicvangate

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We tested this on a Dell* laptop Inspiron 7706 2 in1, but we didn't have issues.

Based on the Intel® SSU, we noticed the system is running graphics driver "27.20.100.9365". Have you tried with the latest Intel® generic driver Version: 27.20.100.9466 for Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics?

If you haven't tried yet, you can perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 using driver Version: 27.20.100.9466.

If the behavior persists, then we recommend checking with the computer manufacturer (OEM) to see if it could be something else, like a faulty component. Also, you may try with an external display and see if the issue follows the display or not.

Answering the color parameters question really depends on every person's needs, and also on the output device (display, printer, plotter, etc.). Even, some graphic designers use devices to calibrate and adjust the colors.

That's the reason why users also need to verify their needs and apps, etc. Also for some laptops/displays, OEMs may have preconfigured profiles, so we recommend checking with the OEM as well.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello nicvangate

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello nicvangate

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos