Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) High Memory Usage for intel uhd graphics 27.20.100.8783 and newer

AlainKhalife
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Legion 7 15imh05 with intel i7-10750H running the intel uhd graphics driver v 27.20.100.8783. I have noticed that desktop windows manager process (dwm.exe) starts to consume a very large amount of memory as time passes (over 3 gb). Once I downgraded my driver to version 27.20.100.8336. The problem is gone. So I think that there is a bug with versions newer than 27.20.100.8783. Is anybody else experiencing this issue on lenovo laptops or other brands running the same graphics driver? And is intel aware of this bug and working on a fix?

Problem is present till date 6th November 2021.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello AlainKhalife,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working fine before?
  2. Have you tried using the drivers provided by Lenovo?
  3. Have you reported this issue to Lenovo?
  4. Pictures of the issue. 

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello AlainKhalife,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello AlainKhalife,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

0 Kudos