Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Destiny 2 Frequent Crashes with Intel Iris Xe 80EUs

NikhilC
Beginner

Playing the game at the lowest settings at 720p, I can consistently maintain 20-60fps (typically averaging around 40fps). Despite these acceptable framerates, game will frequently crash (a couple times an hour) at random points. Most of the time I have found it occurs while clicking around certain character/map menus; however, it is random (I can easily click around menus at one point and then it will crash at other points). Computer is also running 11th gen i5 and 8GB RAM (within game requirements). I noticed that you acknowledged this issue before July in the release notes for the Iris Xe driver updates but the issues is no longer acknowledged in the more recent release notes (it has never been mentioned as being fixed, just was removed from "known issues").

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello NikhilC

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information to investigate:

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
  • Did you test different drivers? What versions?
  • Does this only happen with Destiny 2?
  • Did you get Destiny 2 from Steam?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NikhilC
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've attached the support document requested. I am using the newest iris xe driver available (27.20.100.9268) and have not tried any others. This issue does seem to only occur with destiny 2 but note that the only other graphically intensive game I currently play is Jedi Fallen Order. Both games were gotten from steam.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. Asus website shows 30.0.100.9955 as the latest driver available, you can also try the latest Intel driver 30.0.101.1404:

Please note that we recommend using OEM drivers since Intel drivers do not include customizations, you could lose some features you had before. Let us know if the driver update helps and if you get any errors when the game crashes.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
NikhilC
Beginner

Hi,

I updated my graphics driver to the newest one available from the ASUS website which I found to be 30.0.101.1003. I've only played destiny one more time since last posting about this issue but it seems like the crashes have stopped. Will need to play a couple more times to confirm for sure but the driver update seems promising.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos