Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Devil May Cry 5 freezes and messes up textures(Intel HD graphics 630 driver error)

rohit19402
Novice

Okay, so I just got a new game( Devil May Cry 5), and whenever a cutscene plays, the game freezes, so I skip the cutscenes, and the game starts with proper graphics and textures. But, whenever I press any key to move the character, the game freezes again and gives me this error:

Fatal application error

DMC 5 Renderdevicedx11.cpp 5088 createTexture2D Failed HRESULT 0x8007000e not enough storage!

and sometimes this:

fatal application exit

"c:\\reengine\\reengine\\gitroot\runtime\\modules\\render\\os\\renderdevicedx11.cpp preset failed, HRESULT=0x887a0006, The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invaild command passed by the calling application."

For some people uninstalling and re-installing the drivers fixed this error, but I'm not sure if I should do it or not.

That's not it, I downgraded my driver, and it fixed the errors. The game runs pretty well, but the textures and objects keep disappearing and reappearing, thus showing broken graphics. This did not happen with the newest driver.

My specs:

Intel i3 7th gen@3.9GHz

8GB DDR4 RAM

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630

1TB WD hard drive

SUMMARY: The new driver makes the game unplayable with perfect graphics and the old driver makes the game playable with messed up graphics. So the game still feels unplayable.

I'm looking for a fix. Please help!!

EDIT: I FOUND A FIX: I realized my PC was not updating my driver to the latest version. So, I manually got the latest legacy driver and that fixed all problems. The game now runs smoothly without errors!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rohit19402,

We would like to jump in and provide some recommendations.

According to the report, you are running Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.15063 Build 15063. We recommend that you update the OS to the latest version available: 2004 May 2020 Update 19041.

After that, try installing the latest graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 630 one more time.

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Version: 27.20.100.8336

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
rohit19402
Novice

Thanks for the reply!

I've attached the report as you said

0 Kudos
rohit19402
Novice

I've attached the report

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rohit19402,

We would like to jump in and provide some recommendations.

According to the report, you are running Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.15063 Build 15063. We recommend that you update the OS to the latest version available: 2004 May 2020 Update 19041.

After that, try installing the latest graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 630 one more time.

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

Version: 27.20.100.8336

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
rohit19402
Novice

Thank you! It fixed the problem. Actually, I haven't updated my OS since there seem to be issues with the new update, so I will wait for a stable version. Right now, my PC does not support DCH drivers, so I did this:

I installed the latest legacy driver(25.20.100.6373). The game ran fine but crashed after 2 minutes. So I installed an older version(24.20.100.6286), and it works perfectly. The game still crashes, but very rarely, like, once in day, so I can still play seamlessly.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rohit19402,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you were able to address the game crashing problems.

We will close this inquiry. If you need any further assistance with other issues or inquiries, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos