Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display settings show monitor is connected to intel hd 520, but attempting to open intel graphics control panel fails, stating no monitors are connected

EDuon
Beginner

I had installed the latest drivers for my intel hd 520, but when right clicking on my desktop, the graphics control panel doesn't appear, and opening the application gives me the error in the title. I have attempted a reboot and a reconnect of my monitor. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDuon Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Try the following steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer (see reference link) 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. • What application is reporting errors and what error are been reported? If it is possible please attach a picture of the error. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Reference link: Intel® graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28567/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDuon Have you tried the steps provided and collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello EDuon I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos