Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Does Intel Iris Xe decode/encode HEVC (H265) 4:2:2 10 Bit Video?

Chrisu72
Beginner

I was searching everywhere, but couldn't find an answer:

Does the new Intel Iris Xe decode video that is encoded in HEVC 10 Bit 4:2:2? Most modern cards do decode HEVC 10 Bit 420 but the 4:2:2 is where it gets tricky.

Chrisu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Chrisu72, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In the PDF attached to this post from pages 104 to 107, you will be able to confirm the different formats of encoding and decoding for the 11th Generation Intel® Core Processors, such as Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7. 

Keep in mind that when you use a laptop the manufacturer of it has the option to do all kinds of customizations on the system, they can customized features and functions and also enable and disable different settings on the BIOS, so it is always recommended to check about the features their laptop supports with them directly.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Chrisu72, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system, please attach the SSU report so we can verify more information about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Chrisu72
Beginner

Hi, I don't have the laptop yet, but here are the details of what I have in mind if it is capable of decoding HEVC 422 10Bit with the Hardware:

Latitude 9520

11. Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7

Intel® Iris® Xe for Intel I7-1185G7 (vPro) Processor with 32 GB

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Chrisu72, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In the PDF attached to this post from pages 104 to 107, you will be able to confirm the different formats of encoding and decoding for the 11th Generation Intel® Core Processors, such as Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7. 

Keep in mind that when you use a laptop the manufacturer of it has the option to do all kinds of customizations on the system, they can customized features and functions and also enable and disable different settings on the BIOS, so it is always recommended to check about the features their laptop supports with them directly.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Chrisu72
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

You are a star! That PDF is very helpful, thank you.

And obviously hardware decoding of HEVC 422 10Bit is finally implemented.

Best,

Chrisu

0 Kudos
Liam10
Beginner
Hello,
We have problems with playing HEVC coded files.
Unfortunately we're not so well with this stuff, so we are unable to figure out the PDF file.
The mp4 Hevc file is in 4k@60fps.
These are our laptop stats using the SSU link you provided:
i7-1165G7 @2.80Ghz
Intel Iris(R) Xe Graphics with driver 27.20.100.9466
Windows 10

Do you need more details?
Can someone please explain in simple words what we have to do to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Liam

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Chrisu72, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"And obviously hardware decoding of HEVC 422 10Bit is finally implemented.", that is correct. We are glad to hear the information provided was useful and helpful for you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos