Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Does Upboard with Atom x5-Z8350 supports hardware-accelerated encoding?

GBrud
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to stream 2 videos of USB cameras connected to my Intel UpBoard (running ubuntu).

however, looks like i am unable to use hardware-accelerated encoding (h264). Whenever I am trying to use a software to encode, my CPU utilization goes around 100% CPU which makes it impossible to work with.

Is there a way to achieve it?

Thanks,

Gil

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GBrud, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, in order to best assist you with your request I will need some information. Please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Also, please provide me with a DxDiag report: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. I would also like to request a graphics report for further analysis, please refer to the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Finally, please let me know the software you are using to encode, this is important since we can actually try to replicate the problem with it. Keep in mind also that you need to check the software to see if it actually supports the integrated graphics of your system, if not, this could occur. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GBrud, Were you able to check my post? Please provide me with the information requested so I can assist you further. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GBrud
Beginner

Hi David,

Thank you for assisting.

As mentioned, I am using Linux (ubuntu 16.04) so the windows utility will not fit.=

In addition, I am trying to follow this tutorial: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/quicksync-video-ffmpeg-install-valid.pdf

however the link for Intel® Media Server Studio – Professional Edition 2018 is invalid (getting 404).

What else can be done?

Gil

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello GBrud,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I have been reviewing the information and checking what else could be done; however, what you are trying to do is most accurately supported by the system manufacturer.

They can assist you and test the issue you are experiencing. Please contact your system manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos