Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Doom 2016 wont start with HD Graphics 530 !

r3un1on
New Contributor I

Hallo,

I wanted to test Doom 4 on Intel hd graphics 530...

If i start the game from steam, it do nothing ! and it Show me no error message !

I use Intel beta Driver v4444. Readme sad Doom 4 are fixed on Windows 7 and 8.1.

Any solution to start it on Intel GPU ?

Also doom 4 beta was playlable. But Final Version not work

My System:

Intel i7-6700k

Asus Z170-Pro

16GB DDR4

2TB HDD Raid 0

Soundblaster Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

0 Kudos
70 Replies
r3un1on
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Great, thank you!

I'll be setting one of the answers as correct answer, if further inquiries come to mind, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

Hi Esteban,

today Bethesda/id software released Doom 4 Vulkan Patch.

Do you know if Intel work on a Vulkan Driver ?

With Driver Version 4404 and 4474, Doom 4 not work with Vulkan Api.

At the Moment exist only 1 Intel Driver with Vulkan Support. This is v4404 Beta. But it not work with doom 4

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

I've started a new topic since this one is already "closed":

/thread/104380 https://communities.intel.com/thread/104380

We just need the Vulkan Drivers of the v4473 Beta integrated in the v4474/v4475 release.

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

hi Loeschzwerg,

ah ok thanks for info.

I will follow your contribution

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, peers:

In this case, my recommendation would be to keep handy the link mentioned in the other thread. The Intel Develper Zone is in charge of the support for drivers with this features, as of now while it is pulished up 🙂

Here the link I am talking about: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/06/29/new-intel-graphics-test-driverdriver-for-windows-10-and-windows-781-15404473 https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/06/29/new-intel-graphics-test-driverdriver-for-windows-10-and-windows-781-15404473

If any additional or future questions are available, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I thought I'd add some clarification to this one [OGL]. I had developers continue looking into this since I was still able to get it to fail on Win7 even with latest drivers. The issue turns out to be due to a memory size cap on Win7 & 8.1 (1.7gb and 4gb respectively) which prevents the system from reaching the minimum requirements set by the game (8gb @ 720p). So even if you have ample memory, the cap, which is a limitation of our driver will cause the game to crash. I've pressed the matter and requested a fix like raising the cap and unfortunately a WA is not feasible for Win7 and Win8.1. We advise playing on Win8.1 with 4gb+ memory and minimal settings or Win10 with 6gb+ memory.

idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided for this thread, Bryce.

Guys, please let us know how it goes with the config advised by Bryce (Win8.1 with 4gb+ memory and minimal settings or Win10 with 6gb+ memory.)

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos