Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Doom Eternal small issue on the A770 GPU.

laxesta
New Contributor II

This is an issue raised from another thread from which a moderator suggested to create another thread. This is the original thread where the issue was raised.

Martha Is Dead DX12 RT and XeSS worked initially, but now it doesn't, crashes -message inside-. - Page 2 - Intel Communities

Not very important. A twenty something seconds video I recorded showing little graphics oddities in Doom Eternal. An area at the center of the screen just shows some kind of vertical transparent line which expands horizontally in a random way.

DOOM Eternal little oddities with graphics using Intel A770 LE 16GB - YouTube

It might be the fact that I use DLSS Unlocker mod for Doom Eternal which has XeSS support, and I love to use XeSS, native IQ is a jaggies fest. DLSS Unlocker for all GPUs including AMD Radeon at DOOM Eternal Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmod... It's not a big thing tbh, it happens at times and the gains compensate that "meh" drawback.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @laxesta,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you.  

In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information:  

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS?  
  • Did you have any other graphics card installed previously?  
  • Does this happen if you disable the DLSS Unlocker mod?
  • Download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response. 

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Hello @Carlos_L_Intel 

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  

When I started playing the game in order to complete it, 2 to 3 months ago, always using the latest patch.

• Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS? 

Yes, I wouldn't have this GPU otherwise.

• Did you have any other graphics card installed previously?  

When I got the Intel A770 I installed a fresh version of Windows 11.

• Does this happen if you disable the DLSS Unlocker mod?

Interesting question. It doesn't, the game looks good, although overall I prefer the look of XeSS rather than native.

SSU file attached.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

well, after enabling the mod I mentioned in the initial post, those graphics glitches appear. It's small but it's definitely due to the mod. Still I am very happy to play the game using XeSS for such a small trade-off.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @laxesta

Thank you very much for testing. Let me check this internally and I will post back with more information very soon. I appreciate your time and help. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for waiting for a response.

It is ideal to mention that if we tried to fix the third-party Mod, we could break other aspects of the base game. Hence, you should contact the Mod developer for further support regarding their software.

Best regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos