Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Driver San Francisco game crashes with Intel UHD 770

pman62
Novice

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Driver-San-Francisco-game-crashes-with-Intel-UHD-770-Works-fine/m-p/1351644

reopening this old thread.

Driver san francisco game crashes to desktop when loading gameplay, even with bios game compatibility scroll lock workaround.

Please test this game in your lab on an Alder Lake cpu with UHD 770 and any z690 motherboard.

Just install the game on a barebones system and run it and try to load the first gameplay level.

mods, can you tell me, does the Intel lab have access to this game?

Can you please test it without asking me a number of questions?

I've tried so many things already, and it won't run with the UHD770, but it will run with rocket lake UHD750. Weird, isn't it?

It also runs on nvidia gpu. uhd770 is the only one that fails.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @pman62

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Just to make sure, did the issue occurs if you install the customized graphics driver provided by MSI*: Intel SVGA Drivers Version 30.0.100.9837? If you haven't tried yet with this driver, please perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* and test with the said driver.

Also, we are publishing a new version of our generic driver: 30.0.101.1660. If the game has the same problem with the MSI* driver, please perform a new Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers and test with the latest generic driver 30.0.101.1660.

If the behavior persists, please provide us with some additional information. This is useful and needed to understand better the issue and your environment so we can set the proper conditions for testing purposes.

1. Did you make sure that you have the latest BIOS, latest game updates/patches, and latest Windows* updates as we recommend in the previous thread?
  2. Please let us know where did you get the game from? (e.g.: Steam*, Microsoft* Store, UbisoftConnector* any other Distribution Service)?
  3. Screen Resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160, etc.):
  4. Vsync (On/Off):
  5. Window Display Configuration (Fullscreen / Windowed/ Borderless Windowed):
  6. A new and updated Intel® SSU report.

Thank you in advance for providing this information.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pman62
Novice

it happens on all drivers. clean installed.

I have all updates and everything latest.

I have also tested this game on my other 12600k Asrock z690 system, and the game crashes just like the MSI system with uhd770, everything updated.

So this game crash is brand-agnostic. 

Faulting application name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Faulting module name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00828954
Faulting process id: 0x52c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d847a2a7dd6f2d
Faulting application path: G:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe
Report Id: 806537f9-7770-45c7-bdeb-baf5711193fd
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Your testing environment only needs a 12600k/12700k and any z690 motherboard. Windows 11 and 10.

The game is retail disk, but I bet any other version will crash on loading gameplay as well.

fullscreen, windowed, all resolutions affected.

Legacy game compatibility mode only handles the cpu side of the chip.

12600k + old nvidia gpu works with or without legacy compatibility mode. So this suggests it is the uhd770 issue.

So again, does Intel lab have access to this game?

If not, then this request is of no use. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pman62

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Please allow us to review this further (including checking if we can test this behavior in our lab). We will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @pman62

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that we were trying to get the game Driver San Francisco for testing purposes. However, we are unable to find the game on Steam or Ubisoft's store; it doesn't seem to be available for purchasing anymore.

Unfortunately, the expectations for having a fix will be null unless we can purchase the game or find a way to legally acquire the game for testing, debugging, and development.

We also noticed in your previous thread that you were willing to upload the game for us to test. However, sharing the game this way is risky for legal reasons and we can't commit to that.

We do know that this isn’t the answer you wanted, but basically, without getting the game from an official source we cannot work on this issue.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello pman62

Since we have not heard back from you and because we cannot acquire the game as it is no longer available for purchase on Steam or any other platform, we will proceed to close this thread now and this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos