Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16834 Discussions

Driver and Support Assistant Not Working On Windows 10

geo
Beginner

My Support assistant isn't working.  I receive a notification that I have driver updates available.  When I go to the intel page, it says I need to download the app again and then it "unistalls" the app.  It work ok for a few months, but this is a recent problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please try the following steps and let us know about the outcome:  

1. What is the browser that you are using? Make sure that you are using the validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers) 

2. Uninstall the  existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) from Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

3. Remove any remaining files from the Intel® DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel® DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

5. In case the above does not work, please provide the Intel® DSA logs for the tool and uninstaller: 

Intel® DSA: 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

geo
Beginner

Hi AlHill, thanks for the reply.  I've attached the file

Lele33
Beginner

Hello, i have the same problem. So i did the same. Can you help me please ?

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please try the following steps and let us know about the outcome:  

1. What is the browser that you are using? Make sure that you are using the validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers) 

2. Uninstall the  existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) from Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

3. Remove any remaining files from the Intel® DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel® DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

5. In case the above does not work, please provide the Intel® DSA logs for the tool and uninstaller: 

Intel® DSA: 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

View solution in original post

geo
Beginner

Thanks Seb, worked a treat 😀

BTW,  I was using Brave as my browser and didn't have any issues previously.

whoamiindeed
Beginner

Sebastian,  I've always used Brave (chromium) as my default browser, and Intel Support Assistant worked on it fine until this year.  Now it doesn't, which - I guess I understand, since it's not directly Chrome, and certainly isn't Firefox or Edge.  But I don't understand why Brave did used to work, and stopped.  ?

Thanks, though, switched to Chrome and it worked much better.

matiasch
Beginner

Hi. Where I can find the "Unistaller tool"? The page isn´t working. ("We are sorry. The page is temporalily unaivailable.."). 

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This display ordering makes this almost humorous. @matiasch is saying in the entry above that he can't get to the tool and the entry below is @Sebastian_M_Intel saying glad you resolved it. Of course, they are posts 6 months apart and have nothing to do with each other. Why? Because @matiasch has hijacked this conversation. @matiasch - It doesn't matter if you believe that you have the same problem; set up your own conversation. No arguing. We will answer you there...

...S

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo,  

Thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that your Intel® DSA is now working. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry; if you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Lele33
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me ?