Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Driver issue ? Skylake + PCH H110 + MST hub to implement 3 independent displays

VMeng
Beginner

Hi ,

I have implemented a project with the configuration like below.

The goal is to have 3 independent displays.

Now , The situation is " Intel GPU driver OS(windows 10 64bit) can detect these 3 display.

but, It only can enable 2 of 3 at the same time.

Is it the VBIOS issue or intel GPU Driver issue ?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi vokmeng: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

In order to provide the most accurate response, please provide the SSU report, run the tool with the 3 monitors connected and then please attach the file to this thread, to do that you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Which is the screen resolution you are trying to use for each monitor?

How many display ports are you using?

How many monitors by port are installed?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VMeng
Beginner

Hi , Alberto

I have been back in Taiwan.

The attachment is the SSU report from our developing platform.

The below is my reply for your questions.

1. Which is the screen resolution you are trying to use for each monitor?

ans : The resolution is not fixed , it depends on customer's application.

We want 3 display to show different content at the same time.

And we hope 3 display can perform 1920x1080 resolution at the same time.

2. How many display ports are you using?

ans : we are using two display port DP0 and DP1

DP0 connect to DisplayPort Monitor directly.

DP1 connect to a DP MST hub , and the MST hub connect to two displayport monitor.

Just like the block diagram below.

3. How many monitors by port are installed?

ans : Three monitor would be installed, you can see he picture.

There are 3 DP++ , every DP++ port will connect to one monitor.

So ,Totally 3 monitors.

And the connection configuration, I have replied in Question 2.

Thanks and best regards

Vok Meng

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vokmeng: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VMeng
Beginner

Hi, Alberto

I have seen this message.

But, I am in a bussiness trip. So, I have not use SSU tool.

I will back to my office on 11/6.

I will use SSU on that day.

Thanks and best regards

Vok Meng

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vokmeng: Perfect, thank you for letting us know those updates. No problem at all, take your time and provide the report once you get the chance.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI vokmeng: Thank you very much for clarifying and proving that information and the report.

In order for you to be able to use 3 different monitors with 1920x1080 resolution, you will need to connect the 3 monitors to the HUB. Please make sure that the cable that goes from the computer to the HUB is a high quality high speed display port cable, once you do that you should be able to set the triple display configuration.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VMeng
Beginner

Hi , Alberto

It is not our application.

Our MST hub only have 2 displayport outputs.

So , we can not do what you suggest.

And , There is no reason , which says our configuration is not correct.

Please focus on our configuration , And help us find what is the root cause?

For our configuration, the situation right now is

1. under BIOS menu , all three displays can works together , show the same content.

2. Display MST topology has been detected and recognized by intel graphic Driver.

2. three display can be detected in OS with intel HD510 driver.But, only two of them can be activated.

Please see the pictures below

1. three display can work together in BIOS menu.

2. DisplayPort MST Topology has been established and reconfigured by graphic driver.

2. 3 display can be detect , but only 2 can be activated

4. 的Driver Version and VBIOS Version , I have also tried VBIOS version with 1052.0 , but won't help.

Best regards

Vok Meng

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vokmeng: Thank you very much for providing those details and for the pictures, we really appreciate that.

Just for testing purposes, based on your first picture, could you please connect second and third monitor with a straight connection on display port 0, without using the HUB and then get into the Intel graphics control panel to verify if they are properly detected and if you can change the resolution on them? This is just to rule out a possible compatibility problem with any of the monitors.

Besides that, could you please provide the information requested on the link below, except the SSU report that you already gave us:

/message/319025 https://communities.intel.com/message/319025

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vokmeng: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VMeng
Beginner

Hi , Alberto

This is my reply

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Can not enable 3 displays at the same time with the configuration :

Skylake CPU + PCH H110 + MST hub

you can see the block diagram picture I attached in last few reply.

In BIOS Menu those 3 display can show the same content( picture attached before)

in windows (7 and 10) , only two of them can be enabled at the same time. But , all of then can be detected.( picture also attached before)

I am highly doubt that this issue is related to driver configuration when PCH is H110, It seams Driver is not allowed to support 3 displays when PCH is H110.

But , It is nun-sense , any one could use MST hub to expend their display number.

Driver should not be limited by PCH selection.

Please , please understand my question. my issue. and Trust me , more forms would not get any help.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): 3 display always detected but cannot enable 3 at the same time.

Hardware (HW)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vokmeng: Thank you very much for providing that information, we really appreciate that. Could you please also provide the DxDiag report and DispDiag? We just need to verify some specifications of your system.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VMeng
Beginner

hi, Alberto

Those reports are on attachment.

Thanks and best regards

Vok Meng

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vokmeng: Thank you very much for sharing those reports. We will do further research on this matter, as soon s I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vokmeng: I just received some updates from the research we are doing on this matter, please try to install driver version 4849 in order to try to fix this problem:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266

Additionally, since you are using a HUB there might be compatibility issues, and also the number of display supported are 3, but his feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.

In fact using a HUB will divide the signal, therefore the resolution might be split between the 3 monitors or it will be used by one of them, as in this case, and the other one will not get signal. So most likely the graphics controller will detect the 3 monitors but only one of the monitors attached to the HUB will get signal.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vokmeng: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos