Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Driver updates via WU (Windows 10), more and more Extension Infs.

MFess
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other hardware (such as Realtek Audio) have also some extension drivers, but here they are at least replaced instead of accumulated.

Apart from the fact that driver updates that are so frequent cause me some discomfort (in the long run problems have to arise) is this accumulation of Extension Infs very ugly.

Generally, these extension drivers are somewhat unclear.

For example, I have the experience that they are sometimes not updated outside of windows update (i.e. automatically or via the device manager) until the "main driver" is removed and reinstalled.

If, on the other hand, I only update the "main driver", the old Extension Infs are simply adopted ... a nice mess.

Especially if you should have deactivated driver updates via WU - via WU they will be updated properly or accumulated... like in the case of Intel.

Here is a list of the updates of the last 5 months - 3 extensions have now become 6!

Can please someone explain the thing with this Extension Infs to me?

And why are these piling up with the Intel UHD drivers?

Thanks and greetings,

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

MFess, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the Intel® Graphics controller being used on your computer?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello MFess, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello MFess, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos