Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Drivers Needed To Restore Toshiba Satellite L350 Series Notebook PC

jetnova16
Beginner
This actually covers multiple topics. I’ve recently after about 8 years of inactivity have wanted to restore my old Toshiba Satellite L350 Series Notebook PC that I had to replace the Hard Drive on. It started out as a Windows Vista Home Premium x64-Bit PC so I downloaded and installed that obsolete OS to the new hard drive utilizing my Windows 10 Home HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC to do so. I haven’t activated Vista since my final plan is to update it to Windows 7 (which I still need to purchase the Installation Media but haven’t found where to do so to get the physical discs).

Ever since I started restoring this Toshiba Satellite L350 Series Notebook PC I’ve had to go and find the correct Drivers on my own using my HP to do so since Windows Update doesn’t work on Vista and even Internet Explorer won’t work.

I’m using the generic built in graphics driver for I can’t find the correct one to download. I talked to Intel support and they told me that all the Intel Drivers I need have been discontinued and Toshiba doesn’t have them either. I’ve found some online but the major ones aren’t coming up in searches at all. The Intel Support person I talked to told me to ask the Community here for help and that is what I’m doing.

When it comes to Intel Drivers I’m trying to get the following drivers for some the Intel Processors for Windows Vista Home Premium x64-Bit. These drivers are: Intel Centrino Processor Intel Core Duo Processor T5750 & Intel Core Duo Processor T8100

Also I need Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 also for Windows Vista Home Premium x64-Bit.

I have a Dropbox link that shows all the errors I’m having with Drivers related and due to Windows Vista which could partially be how I downloaded it from a third party source. Here’s that link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lal88xbjo4tzvmo/AAAPbOp9Sc5p0NFz3SqdUccSa?dl=0
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

jetnova16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, all the proper drivers for your system are provided by Toshiba directly, they are the ones that customized the drivers and validate them to be installed in your platform while using the proper Operating System version.

In the following link, you will be able to see all the drivers provided and validated by Toshiba for your Notebook, please select the Operating System and you will be able to install them:

https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2221242

In reference to the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5750 and Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8100, both of them are under status of: End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued, as you can confirm in the links below:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33915/intel-core-2-duo-processor-t5750-2m-cache-2-00-ghz-667-mhz-fsb.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33916/intel-core-2-duo-processor-t8100-3m-cache-2-10-ghz-800-mhz-fsb.html

So, even though Intel® technical support will no longer be provided for this kind of products, still, as an option you may want to try our Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members:

https://community.intel.com/t5/tag/Discontinued%20Products/tg-p/tag-id/919?profile.language=en

Or you may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
You’re 100% WRONG actually! I’ve already contacted Toshiba and they sent me here for they DON’T have the Drivers needed anymore for my laptop model and they strictly said to go to Intel and get the GENERIC Version of the Drivers. Thus I’m here doubt EXACTLY what I was told by Toshiba Support!
0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
In fact all the Drivers available on the Toshiba website don’t work whatsoever! They give ERROR messages when installed and that’s another one of the reasons why they sent me here to Intel to get the drivers!
0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
Legally if a Computer Model is able to 100% work you at Intel should 100% CONTINUE providing the Drivers for the devices until decades into their life when they are obsolete. The same should go for Toshiba and other companies as well or you don’t deserve to EXIST AND SHOULD ALL BE TERMINATED!

The Better Business Bureau should know of your treachery and shut you down once and for all!
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So where to start?

First of all, I am at the head of the queue when if comes to being upset with Intel for not providing driver and firmware downloads for their products for a *significantly* longer period of time. This notwithstanding, I am on Intel's side in this particular argument.

Toshiba sold you this laptop. Your warranty, while it existed, came from Toshiba. You do not have -- and, in fact, *never* had -- any warranty from Intel. If there is any legal obligation to make drivers available, it rests solely in the hands of Toshiba. Their product; their responsibility.

While Intel had an obligation to maintain and provide Toshiba with drivers for a certain period of time, Intel has never had any obligation to maintain driver downloads for Toshiba. Their product, their responsibility.

In the computer industry, equipment becomes obsolete in 18 - 24 months. In the computer industry, the expected lifespan of a product is 3 - 6 years. In the computer industry, equipment typically lasts 5 - 8 years. A rule of thumb that is often used states that equipment should be replaced if the cost of repair is higher than 25% of the cost of the replacement equipment.

...S

0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
WRONG! The drivers aren’t Toshiba property whatsoever they don’t OWN them, they just used them! They are sole property of Intel for they MADE them they are “stamped” with their name; not Toshiba thus Intel is the one responsible for its their products within the Toshiba! It’s the same with recalls on car parts for example; they don’t belong to the car manufacturer; they belong to the company that produced them. Toshiba used them to produce pa NEW product well the drivers are required from the creator of the used products to create the new product; thus that falls solely on Intel to provide! Intel’s product is in these computers so it’s THEIR responsibility. Anyone with pure logical thinking with Commonsense knows this.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@jetnova16  All this fuss over a 12 year old laptop seems unnecessary and non-productive.

However, rather than mounting an argument you cannot win, you should invest in a new laptop.  And, this time, save the drivers yourself, not that they will be of any use 5 years from now.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
For your **bleep** information idiot I already have a working laptop with Windows 10 Home on it; it’s an HP Pavilion G7-1310us Notebook PC and it’s had Windows 10 on it since upgrading it from its original Windows 7 install! I’m retiring my old Toshiba Satellite L350 Series laptop (not full name or numbers) to actually be able to play games that I have that don’t work on Windows 10 (the only type of computers you can buy now with only that Windows OS). I need Windows 7 to play the games I’m talking about!

I had to get a new Hard Drive for this Toshiba Satellite for its hard drive went bad and broke. As a result I have to install all the drivers again. When the hard drive died it was 100% UNEXPECTED back in 2013 and then I bought my HP Pavilion G7-1310us Notebook PC do me it was Windows 7 and the games worked on it. The Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor said the games I wanted to play would work on Windows 10 but it was wrong. As a result after 5 years of not playing these games I actually want to play them again and can’t due to Windows 10.

Thus if you knew how to use your brain and actually READ my original post you’d be comprehending what I’m now repeating yet again! So learn to **bleep** read and see that there is a **bleep** reason why I need these drivers and why I’m restoring this Toshiba Satellite!
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@jetnova16   You had better read again the house rules regarding behaviour.   I have not resorted to calling you names as you are calling me.

I am surprised you have not attacked the manufacturers of these old games, claiming they should update them to work on Windows 10.  Or, attacking Microsoft for not maintaining compatibility with these old games.

My opinion?  Find the drivers yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
For your information I’m being 100% Nice and Respectful! It’s you and others who aren’t by not listening whatsoever and as such you need to open up your ears and your eyes and comprehend what you’re reading!

I have found all of the Drivers I need to your information OTHER than than the ones I’m bringing up here! All the other drivers are 100% installed and operational! It’s the ones from Intel and thus the most important ones that I’m needing still; hence why I am here!

These game manufacturers aren’t the problem; it’s Microsoft if you want to be technical because they don’t respect others and those that need older operating systems to play their favorite games. They blindly made new OS and then end support on the ones that work still making people have to lose access to their games that they paid valuable money for (sometimes just as expensive as a Windows OS or more) and expect them to give up on them; that’s 100% not right whatsoever!

If I was a computer OS manufacturer I wouldn’t change what isn’t broken thus maintaining compatibility for old games and software which should really be commonsense.
0 Kudos
jetnova16
Beginner
Plus for your information the Toshiba links you provided further prove my point! They don’t have the drivers I’m strictly here needing! Get that through your head; thus the Intel email I got asking if this is the solution deserves the 100% answer of: NO! It isn’t the Solution and that’s because it’s 100% Wrong for the provide link to Toshiba DOESN’T have the strict Drivers that I actually need! I already went to the Toshiba Website and downloaded all of their **bleep** drivers for my Toshiba Satellite days before coming here! It was the first place I went to for your **bleep** information. I wouldn’t be here asking if they had ALL of the Drivers I actually need and my own Toshiba Satellite through Device Manager even says that I’m still MISSING Intel created Drivers and as such you are the one who is 100% WRONG by providing the 100% FALSE and already used links from days before I even asked this here. In fact I got all those drivers downloaded and installed on Christmas Eve!
0 Kudos