Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Drivers for intel 630 UHD just wont install any ideas!

jcast29
Beginner

I have just recently purchased a G5500

installed on a Gigabyte B360I wifi rv 1.0

nvidia gtx 980ti

fresh install of windows 10 updated

drivers for intel 630 UHD just will not install

I have tried manual as per many suggestions here

I have tried downloading form gigabyte

I even tried the intel assistant and it just crashes

I am at my wits end as I need onboard GPU to work because my video card will be used by my oculus rift!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello jcast29, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Have you tried removing the video card before installing the drivers? You can install the drivers, whenever you install a graphics card to the motherboard it will disable the graphics provided by the processor. You can't use Intel® graphics along with an external PCI Express graphics controller. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jcast29
Beginner

Thanks for your reply!

Lol ok I’m going to correct you on your phrase “can’t use intel graphics along with an external pci express graphics controller”, I can use a GPU along with on-board GPU in multi-monitor setup as I have done this for years with Amd and Nvidia what I can’t do is use them in tandem to play games as a single monitor!

With that out of the way, with the fresh install, I didn’t realize that windows 10 has a long as time of updating itself I must have inadvertently checked marked some sort of confirmation to get updates slower! Eventually once I realized this I allowed windows 10 to do it’s thing and a few painful hours later it updated itself to even recognizing the 630!

I will just be checking a little more thoroughly when working on new builds!

Again in thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
jcast29, that is just based on the information from our end which you can find here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005580/graphics-drivers.html. We are aware that this is possible on third-party motherboards, but it's not an Intel feature. Sure! Let me know how that goes. If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos