Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Driving 1440p@75Hz with i7-1065g7

composedkj
Beginner

I have a lenovo ideapad slim 5 and tried connecting it to a monitor supporting 2560x1440p@75Hz with a HDMI 2.0 cable. The HDMI port supports HDMI2.0 as it can drive my TV 4k@60Hz. However, I can only select 1440p@59p for my monitor via the graphic command centre. Is there a way to enable the 75Hz or is there a hardware limitation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @composedkj

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Did the system work fine before with this monitor and the desired resolution (2560x1440p@75Hz) or are you experiencing this issue since the first day that you have the system/setup?

2- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (for instance, Windows®, driver, or monitor firmware updates?).

3- Just to make sure, are you using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI to connect to a computer to the monitor? Or are you using video adapters or cable converters?

4- Have you tested with another monitor? Or have you tested the monitor with another computer? Please provide the brand and full model of the monitor.

5- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link. Make sure the monitor in question is connected to the computer.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello composedkj

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello composedkj

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

The Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor supports a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2304@60Hz over HDMI® and 5120 x 3200@60Hz over DisplayPort* (DP). System or device display resolution is dependent on multiple system design factors; actual resolution may be lower on your system. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) may develop a specific system design and add custom settings, limitations, and features. For this reason, we recommend checking this further with Lenovo* Support so they can provide more assistance and confirm if this could be a hardware limitation.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos