Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Dual monitors won't work on UHD 630 on Windows 11

lauxdj3882
Beginner

I had dual monitors working on Windows 10 with my Intel UHD 630 Graphics card.  When I updated to Windows 11, it will only detect one monitor.  I tried updating to the latest driver available and it still won't work.  Only the VGA connected monitor will work, not the HDMI-to-VGA adapter connected monitor.  Anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alx24
New Contributor II

I tested noname HDMI-to-VGA cable with VGA input monitor in Windows 10 and Windows 11 as second monitor via HDMI computer output of

Intel HD Graphics with equal positive result.

Alx24.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello lauxdj3882,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
  2. Have you checked compatibility between the system and Windows* 11 with your OEM?
  3. Have you reported this issue to the OEM?
  4. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
  5. Did you perform a clean install to upgrade to Windows* 11?
  6. Have you tried using a straight connection without any adapters between the monitor and the computer?
  7. Have you reported this issue to Microsoft?
  8. Have you tried different cables?
  9. Graphics report, open the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC), in order to get please open IGCC, go to the support tab, select system diagnostic, click "generate report", save the file and attach it to your response. 

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
lauxdj3882
Beginner

After I posted this question last night, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the graphics card with the latest driver (I had already "updated" the driver but didn't uninstall it before installing the new driver).  Now it works.  Not sure why it needed to be deleted and reinstalled instead of just updated, but it's working now.  Thanks for the quick responses!

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello lauxdj3882,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

.INF file of driver contains sections type [DelReg], [AddReg] which remove old but also related to the new driver entries in the Windows registry that are necessary for its correct unambiguous operation and create new ones. A complete uninstall also removes all modules from the previous driver installation from Windows drivers directory.

Alx24.

0 Kudos
Sak2
Beginner

Same problem with my PC

I tried EVERYTHING above.

The HDMI monitor refused to display.

Nothing worked for me but....

In my dispeare I changed the HDMI monitor with an other older HDMI one and it worked!!!

Then switched with an new HDMI (not the one that originaly did not work with my PC) and everything is OK now.

The original monitor works fine in HDMI in my other PC now.

So I presume that the problem is somewere in the registry not on the driver.

0 Kudos