Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Dupport assistant still claims there is a driver update even though it has installed it

User1588208111399269

I updated my graphic driver to the most recent 8141 version, it installed, system restartet, nothing weird here. The hardware details even says that the driver version is 8141. Still, the support assistant program claims there is an update, only to say that installation could not be staarted (because the update has already been installed)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This happens from time to time with IDSA. If you have installed something and it says there's an update (the same update), just don't run the installer again.

...S

0 Kudos
CBaue6
Beginner

Same here. Annoying that it still says there is an update in the batch icon. Dunno if it is installed or not...

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

you might try the following steps:

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Adrian,

I have AX200 module in my main PC. I have the latest Bluetooth driver package (21.80.0.3) installed. IDSA persistently wants to install (downgrade to) package 21.60.0.4. Running your IDSA uninstall/reboot/reinstall stript accomplishes nothing.

I have AY NUC and FC & SC Compute Sticks that have Serial I/O driver package 30.100.1631.3 installed. IDSA persistently wants to reinstall this package over and over and over. Running your IDSA uninstall/reboot/reinstall stript accomplishes nothing.

In this latter case, I am also seeing an issue where the installer, if I allow it to run, seems to succeed but IDSA then says that the install failed. I have actually seen this on a number of other occasions (which I should have documented but didn't).

There appears to be either errors in the database or bugs in the detection algorithm that are causing these anomalies. Please report these issues, along with this 8141 issue, to the IDSA team.

Thanks,

...S

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

Thank you for always assisting!

Could you please share with us the log files of Intel® DSA so the

the IDSA team can take a look at it.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here are logs for AX200 issue.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the information, I will share this to the IDSA team, please allow me some time to update the thread.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here are logs for I/O Drivers issue. Same password as before.

...S

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

I would like to update the thread.

This behavior has been reported to our developer team and we are currently working on a fix for this as well a few other reported defects for an out of cycle release that we are planning soon.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

I would like to update the thread.

We released a new version of IDSA v20.5.20 that contains a fix for this behavior reported. please update to v20.5.20 and see if it works as expected.

If you still have the older version, please follow these steps:

Steps:

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
User1588208111399269

my system says I already have version v20.5.20.3 installed, which is the most recent verion available for dosnload. And the infortmartion about the graphucs driver update still pops up

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello User1588208111399269314,

Thank you for your response.

Just to confirm did you try the steps above? have you tested different browsers? are your browsers up to date?

If you already tried the steps above, please share the log files that can be found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Were you able to check the previous post?

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos