Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Enabling YCbCr Doesnt Do Anything on HD630

Hexenhammer
Beginner

Hello,

I have 10700K and need to temporally use it to get video out, 4K/60.

Its connected to OLED C9 that i use as my monitor with HDMI cable to DP to HDMI adapter that also supports HDR pass-trough.

My main issue is that when I switch YCbCr option on, Windows Display Settings still report RGB/8-Bit, when I enable HDR it reports RGB/8-Bit + Dithering.

But enabling YCbCr option does "something" screen changes to bit darker and thats it.

My second issue is that I used on Nvidia to see right in the control panel if im using Full range or limited signal and how many bit depth, nothing like this available in the latest Intel control panel, only the windows 10 settings report Bit Depth and RGB/YCbCr, but with Intel iGPU they always report the same thing 8-BIt RGB

This is how i enable YCbCr :  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057255/graphics.html

Regards, Ben

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

The Intel® Graphics do support up to 12-bit color depth, however; with our current driver implementation the color depth will be set as per the Operating System (OS) configuration, check here for more information. We are working on improving our Intel® Graphics Command Center application to allow users to manually select the preferred Color Depth. This change is a work in progress and we cannot provide a specific ETA.  

Based on your current configuration, the behavior can to be either a limitation on the monitor, or the adapter that you are using. So we can have more details about your system, please provide the following (using the problematic setup):  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Include the brand and full model number of: 

• Monitor 
  • Cables (include revision, e.g. HDMI 2.0, DP 1.2, etc) 
  • Adapter 

4. Have you tried connecting the monitor directly to your PC without using any adapter in between? If yes, what is the outcome of this?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Hexenhammer
Beginner

Hi,

I use OLED C9 as my monitor and CLUB 3D HDMI 2.1cable [Cable is good and was working in HDMI 2.1 mode 4K/120Hz on nvidia 2080ti with Display port 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter, so it should be more then good enough for 4K/60hz], when connected directly to iGPU HDMI i get 4K/30, but more options in the driver [igfx_win10_100.8587], i get to change RGB mode Full and Limited and this option is gone when using the DP to HDMI adapter.

But when I connect to Intel HDMI port, the HDR options in windows setting are GONE.

And I get same thing, when I enable YcBcR mode in Intel Driver, Windows Advanced Display setting page always shows RGB/8-BIt, no matter what i do

Im used to Nvidia GPUs, and their settings doesn't change between HDMI or using the adapter, everything worked like it should, including YcBcR mode and 10bit and even 12bit modes.

I have the latest control panel, and i even uninstalled it and used driver cleaner and installed again, but its always broken, the System Diagnostic page doeskin show my system info and pressing Create Report doesn't do anything.

I attached bunch of screenshots this time.

Intel SSU opens and then closes, i run in admin mode, btw in on latest windows 10 2004, it has so many bugs you wont believe me, i hate it.

This pc build is 30 days old, with fresh clean Win 2004 install on formatted SSD

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING

G.Skill 64GB kit: F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC

It had 2080TI, but not anymore, so thats why i need the iGPU, dont want to buy something like GT1030 as temp card if I have iGPU

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hexenhammer,   

Thank you for your reply, please check our recommendations below: 

1. Since you mentioned you are unable to run the reports, and you are having several bugs, this can seems to be an OS issue. 

2. Try a clean installation of the latest Intel drivers, deleting the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC): 

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer.  
  1. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  2. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Graphics Command Center from Control Panel > Programs and Features
  3. Restart the computer. 
  4. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  6. Install the DCH drivers downloaded on step 1. Try first the stable, then the BETA. 
  7. Restart the computer. 
  8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

3. After that, double-check the IGCC options to see if you can get at least the report. 

4. You should try reinstalling the OS from scratch using a new image from Microsoft's side. (Check with Microsoft for the recommendations

5. Can you please confim the full brand and model number of your OLED C9 monitor? This information is usually shown in the graphics report of the IGCC, but it is not running for now. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Hexenhammer
Beginner

Hi,

The SSU just starts and then closes, but its the only software that does this.

The windows 2004 has a number of known bugs and I have them, like the broken Defrager t hat doesn't start automatically and if you manually start the task it actually Defrags the SSD drives like if they were HDD's

My TV that use as Monitor is LG OLED C9, its 2019 model.

Im already using one of the drivers you recommended.

Earlier today I booted into Safe Mode and used "Display Driver Uninstaller v18.0.2.8" to fully remove my old Nvidia drivers and Intel drivers from the system and set the display driver as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter,  and disabled automatic driver update.

Then I rebooted into windows and installed the driver again, it didnt helped.

This windows installs is just a month old.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer, 

Thank you for the information 

Since we do not have the reports needed, we cannot confirm what we think the issue can be, please check below for more information: 

• As your motherboard's manufacturer site says, this motherboard has an HDMI 1.4 port: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-H-GAMING/specifications/ 
  • Based on the Deep Color Technical White Paper, HDMI will support up to 1080p60 for 10/12-bit, and will get up to 2160p60 for 10/12-bit with HDMI2.0 (using LSPCON), check that here under Hardware Support, 2.1 Connector/Port Bandwidth (BW) Restriction: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/deep-color-support-graphics-paper.pdf 
  • Also, HDMI 1.4 has a total BW of 10.2 Gbps and just 8 Gbps is effective, for 4k@30 using 12-bit, you need a bandwidth of at least 11.15 Gbps (check the attachment HDMI-12-bit).  
  • In this case, the problem seems to be BW limitation from your motherboard's port, you might want to check with the manufacturer (OEM) directly whether this motherboard has an LSPCON or not. You can check the attachment HDMI-8-bit, the bandwidth will be enough to get up to 4k@30 using 8-bit. 

Regards,    

Sebastian M   

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
RudeBrownie
Beginner

I have the latest control panel, and i even uninstalled it and used driver cleaner and installed again, but its always broken, the System Diagnostic page doeskin show my system info and pressing Create Report doesn't do anything. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer,  

Were you able to check the previous post and see the information provided? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

@RudeBrownie, so we can better assist you, please open a new thread and try sharing your system configuration along with the steps you have tried. If possible, include the Intel® SSU report.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Hexenhammer
Beginner

Hi,

nope, as you can see from other user here the issue with control panel is Intels bug, he has the same problem

BTW, in your previous post about HDMI and bandwidth, i dont use HDMI, thats why i use DP 1.4 and then DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 adapter, adapter is verified on 2080TI to work and to support 4K/60/YcBcR 10/12Bit 4:2:2/4:2:0 and 4K/60 4:4:4 8Bit

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer, 

Thank you for your reply.  

I would like to let you know that YCbCr will only work with HDMI and not with DisplayPort (DP), as you can see here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057255/graphics.html 

You also mentioned before you were using HDMI so that is why I understood this was your connection, and since your motherboard uses HDMI1.4, we thought this can be the problem. 

We would like to try something just for testing proposes, please download the previous Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and try the following: 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hexenhammer,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos