Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Ever since I got my 9900k Games feels off (upgraded from an i7 4790k)

DDina1
Beginner

I tend to play games like black desert,Pillars of eternity 2 and some games.(not all)After like 6 months I managed to find what the issue was. vshare

Basically it was Hyper threading.The issue was some games where displaying either erratic fps/stutter/cam FetLifeera jutter/frametime/frame pacing issues and most of it (not all) has been fixed by me going to Details in task manager and using affinity to drop some cpu cores (some games performed better with less and some with more)https://discord.software/

I would have full disabled HT if APEX legend didn't develope some sort of wierd timed stutter from doing so,so I settled for dropping cores with the task manager instead.

Note to self.For gaming do not get a cpu with a ---- ton of Threads.Kinda sad tbh.I didn't realize so many games simply don't know what to do with HT which in turn actually degrades performance in some way.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello DDina1

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

The interaction between the cores and the applications is related to how the applications are developed that is why depending on each application the core utilization can vary, at this moment the behavior that you are having seem to be correct, in addition, the system performance should be different if you are using the integrated graphics or a discrete. What kind of problem is this causing on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello DDina1

Have you been able to collect the information requested?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello DDina1

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos