Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Export gives high saturated green color on new laptop

SJone31
Beginner

I'm having a weird problem with my new laptop. I hope that the problem can be found here.

I have already contacted with Adobe and we have found out that it isn't a Adobe software problem.

When I export a video from After Effects the video (quicktime prores 422) gives me a high saturated green. See attachment: Color. (2,3,4 are the problem colors)

It shows me this when I watch it in VLC. But when I export to h264 it shows me the right colors.

But when I send the h264 video file to a client(macbook) he sees the high saturated green in the video file.

When I export it on my new laptop to quicktime prores 422 I get the wrong colors, but when I encode (with Media Encoder) this file on my other laptop to h264 and send it to client he gets the good color.

When I upload the video to Vimeo. The thumbnail is showing me the wrong color, but when I play the video it shows me the right color.

He then downloads an encoded video file (HD1080p) from Vimeo and he has the right color.

I think this problem could be made by my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

or maybe because of the switching between my GTX 2070.

Have you heard of this before?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SJone31

We are still checking this behavior, however, we would like you to test the following:

Please test on the failing system using the Microsoft® Basic Display Adapter and report back the outcome. Most likely you will need to test this without the Internet in order to avoid Windows® re-installing the graphics driver:

1- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

2- Uninstall any DCH graphics driver from Control Panel >> Programs and Features. (or from Windows® >> Apps & Features).

3-  Restart the computer.

4-  Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.

5- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

5.1.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

5.1.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

5.1.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

5.1.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 5.1.1 through 5.1.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

We will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SJone31
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I followed all the steps and still get the same results. You can see them here: https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAJ5IQX_cDjOC6et3NpUiTa53_xQCWXjfz3di2V61hYyb2EcD9ZY

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SJone31

Thank you for your response and the test files shared.

We are still working on checking further this behavior and we will be posting back once more updates and details are available.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SJone31,

We have released a new driver for Intel® UHD Graphics 630. The latest version is 26.20.100.7584.

Could you please test it and let us know the outcome or if there is any difference/improvement in the color?

You can download the latest version from the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29274/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SJone31,

Thank you for your response.

We will check this further and as soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SJone31,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that after testing and checking this further our findings are showing that the evidence points that this is not a graphics driver issue since results do not vary when using Windows generic drivers (i.e. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter).

We performed different tests using the links and project files you provided, as well as following the steps you shared to reproduce the behavior, and we did not notice a difference in color saturation. The following is environment details we tested:

• Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (drivers x.7463 and x.7584)
  • Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processor.
  • Display LG* 27UK650-W

For now, what we can recommend is to report this to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the laptop and give them details that Intel® already investigated the issue and evidence points towards specific system configuration and doesn't point towards the graphics driver (software).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
SJone31
Beginner
Thanks Andrew. Really appreciate anyways! Op do 9 jan. 2020 om 03:30 schreef Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com>
0 Kudos