Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

External monitor having sporadic flickering

AMass7
Beginner

Recently I bought an Asus Vivobook 15 x510ur-bq167t laptop. It has a 7500U 2.7GHz Intel HD 620 i7 processor and a geforce gtx 930mx video card. I have been having problems connecting it with hdmi cable to a secondary monitor. It seems to me that there is a compatibility problem between the laptop and the monitor LG 25" ultrawide model 25UM58-P. The monitor works perfectly connected to other devices, be it another laptop or computer, but when connected by cable with mine or my brother's laptop( also an vivobook x510ur-bq167t bought at the same time) it presents oscillations and sporadic signal losses on the LG monitor.All drivers and BIOS are updated, downloaded directly from the asus website. I already changed all kinds of configuration to try to solve the problem, also changed the cable, but without success. Is there anything that can be done?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, AlexandreMass. I will be more than glad to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

In addition, please take a screenshot of the NVIDIA* control panel, 3D settings by right-clicking on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel > Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task and, attach a screenshot of that to your post.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AMass7
Beginner

Thanks for the response, there it is. Yesterday it was the worse day with the problem, but today the screen didn`t present any flickering as odlly as it seems.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for that information, AlexandreMass.

Let us try the following:

Switch between the Intel® HD Graphics and the NVIDIA* graphics controller to determine which is causing the issue, in order to do so, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.

2. Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task.

3. Select your desired software from the Select a program to customize drop-down list on the Program settings tab.

4. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.

5. Click Apply.

Test your system with this configuration and verify if the flicker is presented. Then, on step 4, instead of choosing High-performance NVIDIA processor, select Integrated Graphics and check if the flickering is presented.

Please let me know with which of the two controllers the issue occurs.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, AlexandreMass.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos