Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

External webcam flickers on Zoom/Teams but not on Win10 camera/video

mb27
Beginner
  1. System: Win10, Vivobook S15 X532FA
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Frequency of occurrence: Multiple times a day

========================

Detailed description:

I use an external webcam connected via USB. It flickers a lot while on Zoom or Teams only when power is plugged in. It doesn't flicker on the Win10 camera/video viewer at all even when power is plugged in.

Tested the same external webcam on two other devices and it doesn't flicker at all on those so it seems it is something to do with the Vivobook or Intel Graphics card / settings.

I reached out to Vivobook and they said they haven't seen this issue. Do you have any ideas on how I can address this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello mb27,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following report and information so we can move forward with your request.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

1. Can you please provide the exact model of the external webcam you are having issues with?
  2. Is the flickering issue happening only in the image’s window for Zoom or Teams? If yes, if you try to close the window and you see your regular display is there any flickering on it?
  3. Do you have the chance to use the integrated camera on the laptop instead of the external webcam? If you do, have you tested if the issue happens with that one as well?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello mb27,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello mb27,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos