Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Extreme low performance by I5 -11400 UHD 730 Drivers in Valorant

MB10_
Novice

After installing the latest (version 30.0.100.9684) drivers, whenever I try to play Valorant the game performs insanely low and gives me a one fps - literally. Like the game is just being displayed in 1 fps and I just cannot do anything about it. 

My specs -

Intel I5 -11400

Asus Tuf B560M Plus Wifi (Bios 0820)

Windows build - 19043.1110

UHD 730 Grahphics

Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual channel 3GHZ ram

Win 10 21H1

This same problem occurs in 20H1 version, other driver versions and other bios versions.

Edit 1: With these settings, the game doesn't instantly go to 1fps, it kind of runs smoothly, but I still do experience random frame drops and stuttering- Windows 21H1, Bios 0820, Driver version 27.20.100.9078 (this is a motherboard specific driver, from motherboards website).

7 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Try turning off the instant replay feature!

0 Kudos
MB10_
Novice

Isn't that for nvidia reflex or something like that? I use the integrated gpu

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JensA,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I would like to let you know that Intel is aware of this behavior and in order to help you, we have opened a thread for this issue. I recommend you to check there for any official updates:

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233

Also, if possible try the following:

1. Installed the game in an SSD (Solid State Drive).

2. Rollback to driver 27.20.100.8476.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/29784/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

I would like to know if you agree to close this thread since you will be receiving updates and news from the official thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JensA, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JensA, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
MB10_
Novice

Hello, first of all sorry for the late reply. I saw the thread that you linked and it seems to not have a solution. I was thinking of closing it, however since the one linked is for UHD 630 graphics I thought this one should be kept open since it was for UHD 730 graphics. I was very disappointed from the performance it gave because of the stutters, but in the end it was integrated graphics and it worked well for an everyday PC user. I did end up buying a 750ti GPU that has no issues. I really appreciate intel support staff for trying to figure out the issue and will be happy for answer any questions.

0 Kudos
Asystole
Beginner

I'm having the same problem.

Specs:

i5 11400

uhd 730

h510m-a pro

hyper-x fury beast 8GBx2  3200mhz dual channel

win 10 21h1

Every game I play there are stutters. The gameplay looks smooth but when you move the mouse it stutters (fps goes to 1) then comesback again. Whatever actions I do at the game, it stutters. Any fix?

Tried RAMMap and turning on/off XMP. 

0 Kudos