Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Farming Simulator 2017 - Xe Iris - i7 1165G7 - startup trouble

Itpedersen
Beginner

My Farming Simulator 2017 through Steam cant startup properly.

On startup a window or fullscreen shows up and shows a fs2017 loading screen. 

Like you think it should look like, but then it jumps out.

Brand new machine with Windows 10 Pro. 32GB ram, Xe Iris. CPU i7 1165G7

It runs fin Spin Tires and NFS Shift. 

Drivers for Xe Iris version 30.0.100.9864

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Itpedersen, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was the "Farming Simulator 2017" working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Itpedersen
Beginner

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

Do not now, since it is a laptop. 

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 i7 1165G7 Gen2

Is this a new computer?

Yes, brand new - i7, 32GB, 512GB SSD with Xe Iris

Was the "Farming Simulator 2017" working fine before on this same machine?

No, it has newer worked (in the few days I had the machine) 

When did the issue start?

I installed the game through steam client so i think I therefor always are up to date with the game.

Other games like Spin Tire, NFS Shift, CS:Go, Batthel Field Bad Company is running as expected.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No. Not other things than the laptop is new.

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 Pro x64

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? At home in the contry Denmark.

Using the laptop primary for programming, but is gaming from time to time. 

Info from client utility should be attached.

Please write is there are any other info i can provide.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Itpedersen, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU.

When it comes to games and applications, we always encourage as the very first step to verify the system requirements of the game to make sure your system complies with them.

According to the SSU, we can confirm that the graphics driver currently installed on your device is version 30.0.100.9864, which is the latest graphics driver provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Just to let you know, we constantly recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's website and actually the latest graphics driver version they have available is 27.20.100.8935, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e15-gen-2-type-20td-20te/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

We can also see that the Windows* version in the laptop is 19041, and it is very important to install all the Windows* updates to avoid any kind of problems. So what we suggest will be to install the updates or to get in contact with Microsoft directly to check the details on how to do that, the latest Windows* version is 19043:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Besides that, we advise getting in contact directly with Lenovo as well to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your system or to gather the instructions on how to go about that process:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Itpedersen
Beginner

No it did not solve the problem. I update the bios from lenovo think vantage. I installed the Uhd drivers from lenovo from your link. I could not get a clean install to work. But I installed the lenovo Uhd driver and it now says version 27......

Desided to wait some month to try again. Because i have founf out that farmer simulator 2015 works out of the box from cd. I only have fs2017 on steam

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Itpedersen, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously. "Desided to wait some month to try again. Because i have founf out that farmer simulator 2015 works out of the box from cd. I only have fs2017 on steam", Ok, perfect, that is actually a good thing to do since there might be newer graphics drivers by then for you to install.

Still, since the problem remains while using the drivers provided by Lenovo, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with them so they can be aware of this situation and maybe add a fix to their driver, to try to replicate the issue using the same exact computer that you have and to verify if a physical inspection of the machine might be needed, that driver is the one tested and validated by them for your system, it should work without any problems unless the game is not supported by it. Lenovo will be able to confirm those details as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
sokolov
Beginner

Hi! I found a solution in the giants-software (developers of the game) forum... I've tried and it works. (can play multiplayer too)

solution:

All you need to do is turn off your internet connection before start the game on steam!.. after the game launch you can turn on internet connection (or wifi) again. 

my pc spec:

Intel Core i5-1165G7

Xe Iris

16 GB RAM

you're welcome! 

I hope this help much people as possible

0 Kudos
Itpedersen
Beginner

Hey

I can confirm that it works by disabling the internet upon startup!

Thanks!

Game runs fine in 1080 medium.

0 Kudos