Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Fehlerhafte Treiber oder Hardware defekt? Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 460 mit Intel HD520

MHabe4
Beginner

Seit nun 3 Monaten ist es unter Windows völlig unbrauchbar.

Das Notebook wurde eines Tages wie üblich von mir gestartet und es kam ein Bluescreen mit dem Fehler:

Video_tdr_failure

igdkmd64.sys

Ich habe sämtliche vorgänge/reparationen bereits versucht. (Aktuellste Windows 10 Version)

• Über Windows-Reparationstool versucht wiederherzustellen
  • Start des Safe Mode möglich, Grafikchip wird erkannt, Treiber des Chips zurückgesetzt aber wieder selber Fehler sobald ich den Treiber versucht habe zu installieren
  • Windows neu installiert
  • Über Windows Update treiber automatisch geladen
    • Über Lenovo Vantage treiber automatisch aktualisiert hier laufen alle Treiber ohne Probleme mit Ausnahme des Grafikchips
    • Manuell Treiber für i7 installiert (funktioniert) und Grafikchip (danach wieder der Bluescreen)
  • Im Windows Gerätemanager wird der Grafikchip nicht erkannt. „Unbekanntes Gerät“ ist hier gelistet, aber auch hier kein aktualisieren/zurücksetzen des Treibers
  • Jedes mal wenn ich versucht habe, den Grafiktreiber zu installieren, kam der o.g. Bluescreen wieder
  • über das Tool von Lenovo (welches sich in den Systemeinstellungen von Windwos integriert) automatisch die Updates installieren lassen
  • über die Lenovo service bridge
  • Bios ist die aktuelle Version vorhanden (1.59)
  • Treiber von der Intel Seite direkt

Alle eben beschriebenen Lösungsversuche sind fehlgeschlagen.

Der Treiber, der automatisch geladen wird, stammt von August 2018, aber manuell geladene, die vorher bzw. nachher released wurden, funktionierten ebenfalls nicht.

Es deutet alles darauf hin, dass der Grafikchip defekt ist. Das Merkwürdige bei dem ganzen ist jedoch, dass alles unter Linux Ubuntuu völlig reibungslos funktioniert. 

Ich bin nun mehr als nur verzweifelt... Kann mir da jemand helfen?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MHabe4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

Note: Community support is offered only in English language. We are using the translator embedded to this website to answer your inquiries. 

1. Could you please provide me with the driver versions that you have tried to install?
  2. Which ones have you tried from the laptop manufacturer?
  3. Which ones have you tried from Intel?
  4. Do you have the latest version of the operating system?

1. Before every attempt to install a new driver, I would recommend you to follow these steps to uninstall the one by default:

1. Download the latest DCH driver in the following link and save it on the computer. 
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1. 
  8. Restart the computer. 
  9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Based on the information that you have provided, it might be related to a hardware or OS issue, in this case, our recommendation would be to get in contact with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and check for other recommendations or warranty.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
MHabe4
Beginner

Hello Abigail_Intel,

thanks a lot for the fast response!

first of all my english is not the best at all but i try my best to specify as good as i can!

1. I've tried the latest driver version (26.20.100.6912) and the first one (15.45.18.4664) from Intel downloadcenter directly
  2. I've tried it with the Intel driver and support assistant for automatically downloading driver
  3. the Latest version from manufacturer (Intel Display Adapter Driver for Windows 10 Version: 24.20.100.64) https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga-460/downloads
  4. The Community from Lenovo advised me to install firstly chipset drivers and secondly Display Drivers, but same error
  5. i do not know which version from august in Windows Update it has been automatically installed from my computer. Release was definitely 15th August 2018.
  6. i used the latest version of Windows 10 (1903 Systembuild 18362.239) and downloaded it previously with the windows media creation tool.

I will follow your instructions in the next few days and give you a feedback whether it works!

Thank you so much for support and sorry for my pretty bad english!!

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MHabe4,

Thank you for the response and the information provided.

I was able to understand perfectly your post.

I would like to ask you for the following reports:

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 
  1. After running the test, please go to the "file" tab. 
  2. Click on "View results file". 
  3. Save it as a text document and attach it to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
MHabe4
Beginner

Hello Abigail_Intel,

here are the test results:

hope it will help

0 Kudos
MHabe4
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
MHabe4
Beginner

i followed your instructions, downloaded the driver you posted and the computer gave me the message: "the computer have a newer version of the driver from INTEL HD Graphics 520 (10.0.18362.1) and INTEL Display-Audio (10.26.0.8).

installed it anyway and got the same bluescreen error of my first post...

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello MHabe4

I am noticing that you have tested both OEM and the Intel® graphics drivers on the system you have also re-installed Windows® 10 on the system and you are having the same error.

At this point, I would recommend testing a different Windows® 10 images, I have also found this Microsoft community (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64sys/7a765ab1-0ace-4b25-bac4-976c8b789d52) for some ideas that can be used with this behavior, and if none of this work I would recommend contacting Lenovo as a possible hardware failure.

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos