Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Freezing using intel graphics in "Genshim Impact "game.

tyasonxx
Beginner

Hello,
Using Intel® 630 UHD (i3) the game sometimes freezes with 8GB DDR4 RAM.

The game runs stupidly well with good fps, but it sometimes freezes the image and continues to run (blows, skills work but the image is frozen).

Would that be a driver error or game requirement ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @tyasonxx 

Intel has only validated and tested the game Genshin Impact on Intel Iris Xe graphics (i.e. the graphics controller found on laptops with 11th generation Intel processors) and starting with driver 27.20.100.8783

Looking at the game developer's official FAQ they do offer some useful advice and tips I suggest looking into. You could also try our latest generic driver 27.20.100.8853, but if the issue persists then the only additional suggestion I can offer is lowering the graphics settings and give Intel more time to see if the game can be optimized to run on Intel UHD Graphics 630 (no promises though).

News and updates will be visible on downloadcenter.intel.com when new generic drivers are released.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
tyasonxx
Beginner

@RonaldM_Intel 

Thanks for the answer,
I currently run the game in the lowest possible resolution and all its graphics quality at the minimum.

I updated the driver and the problem persists ... The only thing I haven't tested is the BETA version, but I believe it wouldn't solve it.

Well, it remains to wait for the next update or buy a video card.

Thankful.

0 Kudos