Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Frozen tablet after update

Smiolo
Beginner

Hello. I have a TECLAST tablet X98 Air 3G dual boot. After the latest update 20H2 in Windows 10, I was asked if I wanted to install also the latest Intel graphics driver and I accepted. After that the tablet froze completely. The problem is that I can't use the touchscreen or open bluetooth to connect a mouse. I only can force shutdown andd use the command prompt. I reset the tablet and re-installed the Windows but the problem with the graphics driver remains. How can I uninstall the latest driver?

The Android functions fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For tablets, like laptops, notebooks, 2in1s, etc., the recommendation is to stick with the graphics drivers provided by the tablet manufacturer. Often these drivers are modified by the vendor to support special features of their tablet. Installing a generic Intel driver will wipe out these special features and result in situations like you are in. Back out of this driver and go back to that provided by the tablet vendor.

...S

0 Kudos
Smiolo
Beginner

Thank you very much for your answer. You have absolutely right. My problem is I can't reinstall the old  driver. After the reset I made, the installation of the Windows stops in the language choice. I can't proceed to uninstall the driver, as the touchscreen doesn't work. 

0 Kudos