Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Games are laggier on my HD 4000 than HD 3000

idata
Employee

Hello.I have a problem.I have recently bought an ASUS VivoBook S200(X202e) with intel core i3 3217u.On my friend's laptop with HD3000 Need for Speed World and other games works on medium.I have lag on medium ,on low works fine.And I FOUND THE PROBLEM,but I can't solve it.The gpu doesn't rise from 350MHz to 1050MHz.It raises only to 650 MHz and extremely rare to 1050MHz.This can be a governor problem.But how to change the GPU Governor?(My GPU is already set on Maximum Performance).In Intel Extreme Tuning Utility I don't get a graphics tuning page...Maybe if I buy a Windows 8 ,other than the preinstalled will solve the problem??Even in windows experience index the score is lower than it is meant to be.Is only 4.4 on desktop graphics and 6.0 on gaming graphics.Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Try 9.17.10.2885 or 8.15.10.2761, it might improve this behavior.

BGroy
Beginner

I've noticed this problem too with my HD4000. With GPU-Z running and testing with a game like Skyrim the GPU seems to drop to lower frequencies.

It seems to happen less often with the 2885 driver that people have been mentioning. The downside is that GPU acceleration gets disabled in Firefox with this driver. (The Firefox GPU acceleration status can be seen in about:support)

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

On ULV notebooks it depends also on power budget and cooling and not only on the driver itself. If a 15.26 or the 15.31 beta driver doesn't help, there not much you can do. You could try disabling SMT/CPU Turbo in the bios to give your graphics unit a bigger TDP headroom.

idata
Employee

Thanks for your help.The driver helped me a bit,because,as you write,it really make my gpu core clock less lazy,and i really see some more fps in games.Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyway,does someone know why i don't see Graphics Tuning in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility?Thanks.

0 Kudos