Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

GoDot Game Engine Focus Hangs with Intel graphics driver 24.20.100.6136 or newer on Windows 10 64-bit 1803

SShar26
Beginner

Thanks

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Godot Engine Hangs under driver 24.240.100.6136 or newer.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<br style="font-family: &font-size:13.33px; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; border-color: # 3d3d3d; border-style: none;"/>

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

<span style="font-family: &font-size:13.33px...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

mobybrick: Thank you very much for sharing that information and providing those files.

We tried to replicate the issue using different laptops and Intel NUCs, such as the Intel® NUC8i7HVK.

The issue was not replicated, we were able to launched the application and use it normally, there was no freezing on hanging while using it.

There version tested was 3.0.6, since this is a open source application, we just wanted to confirm if you are using the version as it is or if some modifications or customizations were done to it?

At this point we recommend to install the graphics drivers provided by Dell, those drivers were customized to work with your specific platform, please install Intel driver version 24.20.100.6170 ,A06 and Nvidia driver 22.21.13.8565 ,A00:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=GG5FR

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=02KPV

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
SShar26
Beginner

Hi Alberto

Thanks for your response.

We have already tried the Dell packaged driver 24.20.100.6170, A06.

We only see this issue with the UHD 620 equipped Latitude 5590 laptops (although we have no other laptops of any other brand with same chips to test with)

We have now tried 32-bit and 64-bit version of Godot. There are no modifications to the version we are using.

As soon as we revert to the earlier display driver, everything works OK.

Thanks again

Mobybrick

0 Kudos
SShar26
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

We've now tried Godot 32 bit and the problem remains.

We've tried uninstalling anti-virus, a fresh install of Windows and uninstalling the sound driver and yet Godot still hangs if your driver is present 24.20.100.6136 or newer.

To correct my previous statements:

This issue affects both desktop and mobile PCs running either UHD 620 or 630, if any of them run the 24.20.100.6136. Reverting the driver always works. All of our units are Dell units, but I doubt this would make any difference.

Using either the original Intel or packaged Dell drivers makes no difference. This clearly looks to be a driver issue.

Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mobybrick: Thank you very much for providing those results.

We will try to replicate the scenario using different systems, as soon as we get any results I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
SShar26
Beginner

Thanks Alberto.

The laptops we are using are Dell Latitude 5590 with 8th gen i5; the desktop PCs are Dell OptiPlex 3050 with 7th gen i5 - all using Intel integrated graphics.

The quickest way to test for the issue is simply to launch Godot. If there is no issue the welcome screen appears a few seconds after the logo screen. If the issue is present the logo screen remains until a button is pressed or focus switch occurs. This occurs for every system dialog and new window Godot produces.

Thanks again,

Moby.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mobybrick: Thank you very much for providing those details.

We tested Godot with the Intel® NUC8i7HVK that is using Intel® HD Graphics 630, we also test it with a Dell laptop with an 8th generation processor and just recently with the Intel® NUC6i7KYK that works Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580, the issue was not replicated in none of those platforms, we were able to launched the applications with no problems at all.

Based on the testings that we performed, the problem is not related to the Intel graphics drivers, it could be related to a feature or component in those specific laptops that are creating the issue.

At this point, what we recommend is to get in contact with Dell directly for them to provide more suggestions and technical assistance. They might be able to replicate the scenario using the same exact hardware that you have, so the best thing to do now will be to contact them:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos