Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Grahpic Accelerator For Windows 10.

Graphic_Accelerator

I wanted to play some old games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and all, but I have noticed that the fps drops at a lot of old games, after I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and wanted to download Graphics Accelerator for Windows 10, I couldn't find it, so if you there is a Graphics accelerator for Windows 10?

If yes then send me the link with the comments and Thank you.

(Sorry for my display name, I am tired and didn't notice that it's display name and not the subject)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is correct; Intel provides Windows 10 drivers for 3rd gen Core and newer and equivalent processors. Nothing older is supported on Windows 10. Only the compatibility driver from MS supports the older processor and chipsets. There are, of course, drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 around, but these are all frozen and essentially unsupported now. In addition, now that almost all of the 3rd gen processors have been discontinued, the drivers for these processors are frozen as well.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Graphic_Accelerator

Also if there's not Graphic Accelerator for Windows 10, Can the Windows 7 version work?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Hold on for a moment.

When you say graphic accelerator, I get the feeling you have an old piece of hardware.

So, tell me your processor model number, and your graphics chipset.  If they are what I think they are, you are using the Microsoft generic graphic driver for windows 10, and there is no Intel driver that will help you.

Assuming the above to be the case, and if you are a desktop, you might be able to find an older nvidia gtx 750 or 1060 which is still supported by current drivers for windows 10.

If you are a laptop, there is nothing you can do.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator

Man, I don't even have a GPU, I have an integrated GPU of the motherboard, and it is: Intel Chipset G41.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

G41 is enough.  First, to find out what model processor  you have, use W10.  go to Start, settings, system, about.

However, I have all I need, and what I said in my first post is exactly correct.

0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz E5200, and by the way it's a desktop.

Thank you for helping me a lot and saving me out brother.
0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator
Is that kinda a graphics accelerator?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator
Well, I was using a "Graphics Accelerator" when I had a Windows 7, which gives better performance while playing some old games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (Better FPS).
0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator

Also, the link that you sent me isn't working.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, the link is working.   The g41 graphics are long discontinued and Intel has removed those support files.   Like I said, there is no Intel driver, and all you have is the Microsoft Generic driver, which lacks features and performance.   The link does show you information on the g41 chipset.  I just thought you would have been interested in what was from years ago.

0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator

Brother, the link is working, but I can't download that file, also, does that file helps me to get better performance while playing games and all?

(Look at the screenshot under, to see that I can't download that file.)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I said, there is NO file to download.  I only provided you the link so you could see information on the G41 chipset.

There is NO intel driver for your g41 graphics.  There is no accelerator, and there never was.  It is only a name.

All you have is the Microsoft generic driver, which LACKS FEATUREs and, more importantly, PERFORMANCE.

And, I would prefer that you address me by my name.

0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator
Bro, you telling me that there is no Intel driver for my g41 graphics, while when I had Windows 7 I used to download graphics accelerator, and it increases the FPS on old games, also I know that the name "Graphics Accelerator" just a name, but it still helps me while playing games and that Microsoft Generic Driver is kinda a "Graphics Accelerator" or what is it exactly? Because I swear, I used to download "Graphics Accelerator" to increase the FPS in the games, there is a "Graphics Accelerator" for Windows 7, but I think there is not for Windows 10, is there a thing to replace the "Graphics Accelerator"?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is correct; Intel provides Windows 10 drivers for 3rd gen Core and newer and equivalent processors. Nothing older is supported on Windows 10. Only the compatibility driver from MS supports the older processor and chipsets. There are, of course, drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 around, but these are all frozen and essentially unsupported now. In addition, now that almost all of the 3rd gen processors have been discontinued, the drivers for these processors are frozen as well.

...S

0 Kudos
Graphic_Accelerator
Alright man, Thank you guys very very much for helping me.
0 Kudos