Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Graphic Drive reseting problem

JBizera
Beginner
Hello everyone, 

I'm having a problem with my graphic driver, the last update to the graphic drive to my notebook was released 07/26/22 and this driver solved a lot of problems that I was having to run some games and frame dropping. But it still having issue because the drive on my notebook always reset. Literally everyday I have to download and install the same driver again. My notebook is an AsusVivobook x512fa-br568t 8ª intel core i5. The graphics card is INTEL Intel® HD graphics 620. The driver that I always install again is the :
Gráficos Intel® – Drivers DCH do Windows*

I wanted to know if you guys know the reason and if I could solve it, so I don't have to download and install the same driver every time
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JBizera
Beginner
I wanted to know if you guys know the reason and if I could solve it, so I don't have to download and install the same driver every time
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JBizera,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 620.   

In this case, Windows may be trying to use the latest driver approved by Asus (27.20.100.8681) since this is an Asus laptop. Bear in mind that the manufacturers (Asus, Dell, MSI, etc) customized our generic drivers so they can work perfectly with their laptops, I recommend you to check with Asus to get the latest approved drivers and firmware for your ASUS Vivobook 15 X512FA.

However, if you want to use the latest Intel drivers you can try to stop Windows from automatically updating your drivers:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click Update & Security.
  3. Click Windows Update.
  4. Click Advanced options button.
  5. Under the Pause updates section, use the drop-down menu to select how long to disable updates.

Note: Windows* automatic updates may contain important security updates or important stability improvements. Disabling automatic updates will not install these updates.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JBizera,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JBizera, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new post.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos