Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Graphical Issues and Artifacts in apps with Hardware Acceleration (Intel Core i5-1135G7)

Mahim2000
Beginner

Please see the attached video below or from the link below:
https://youtu.be/QCEAIvVYNVc

A screenshot is attached below as well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there!

I have been using my device like intended. But one day Intel Driver Support Assistant recommended a driver update with Intel Arc Driver for my Intel Iris XE device. Nonetheless I installed it on my device alongside Intel Arc Control, and since then every app on my device that uses Hardware Acceleration started showing all sorts of artifacting. The only way of getting rid of these artifacts is to turn of Hardware Acceleration individually from every apps using, but it should never be a solution, especially when the device doesn't allow you to turn off Hardware Acceleration as a whole, or when any app doesn't have the option to turn off Hardware Acceleration for it.
I have tried rolling back and updating to the latest driver, but the problem is still persistent.

Device: Dell Inspiron 3501
Processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
Graphics: Intel Iris XE Graphics - Tiger Lake 80EU
RAM: 12GB

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Mahim2000

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Mahim2000, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Mahim2000, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Mahim2000
Beginner

Hello there!

I have followed AndrewG_Intel's suggestions. But nothing actually worked out for me.
From uninstalling and reinstalling the Dell-suggested drivers, to installing the Latest Interl-suggested drivers, nothing worked out for me.
Rather, the Dell-Suggested ones took around  an extra 2gb space from my C Drive after I installed their drivers.

Nothing is working for me. The graphical artifacts still keeps on happening.

0 Kudos