Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Graphical glitches in Forza Horizon 4 using Intel UHD 630

GBarr13
Novice

Here`s a video where i show the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLSRCDKN7A&feature=youtu.be

In 1:47 i also show the shader glitch

The light glitch doesn`t happen in the version 25.20.100.6374 WHCP but the shader does

0 Kudos
16 Replies
GBarr13
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. The Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform.

I looked in ASUS's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver version available is 26.20.100.6952, that is the graphics driver validated by them, please test that driver in your system and let us know the results:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-H310M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice

I already tested this Asus driver, the glitch persist.

Seems that the only driver that works fine besides the shader glitch is the 25.20.100.6374 that Windows Update install.

The shader glitch seems to happen on all drivers apparently, only the light is working fine in 25.20.100.6374 version.

0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice

I also think that this issue was always in this game with Intel HD Graphics because i watched a video of Forza Horizon 4 in a Intel HD 520 and the shader glitch also occurs.

See in the printscreen that i made how strange is the shader in this scene, also bahind the car you can see a screen that show race information but with the Intel Graphics its just look black

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, Thank you very much for sharing those details and the picture.

We will try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® lab, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, I just wanted to provide an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, we are still trying to replicate this issue in our lab, we are trying to get the game since we only use official software for testing.

There is a new Intel® Graphics driver available in our web site, it is version 26.20.100.7158, please test that driver and let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice

You can use the demonstration version of the game in the Microsoft Store.

I Will try this driver later today.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, Thank you for letting us know that information.

We will try to download the demo of the game from Microsoft Store, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the updates on this thread.

Sure, take your time, once you get the chance please let us know the results of testing the new driver.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice

Same thing with the new driver, shader glitch and the

car headlight glitch still there

0 Kudos
GBarr13
Novice

benchmark info in case you need

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

We will continue our research on this matter, as soon as I get any results, I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, I just wanted to let you know that we are still currently working on this matter.

As soon as I get any more details, I will post all the updates in this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Alberto_R_Intel

GBarr13, Thank you very much for the suggestion of downloading the demo of Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft store.

We already download it and we are doing further testings, as soon as I get any updates I will let you know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GBarr13, I just wanted to let you know that there is an update on this matter.

We were able to download and install Forza Horizon 4 demo from Microsoft Store. We test the game with the Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor and actually, we were able to replicate the issue, the game is showing a light and shader glitch as you reported in the thread.

There is currently an ongoing analysis on this topic and we will do further research on this scenario.

Once I get any updates, I will post them on this thread, thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GBarr13, I just wanted to let you know that I received an update on this matter.

According to the results that we performed in our Intel® lab, the resolution for this scenario after doing further research is that this game is currently not compatible with currently available Intel® graphics.

At this point, we are working on the optimization but we cannot promise any particular outcome.

In this case, we suggest keeping drivers up to date and checking new driver's Release Notes in case an improvement is noted for this game:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Also on:

https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/PromoPage?GID=692686&platformId=126686&experienceCdoe=1&headsetCode=3

Additionally, you can always get in contact directly with the game developers for them to confirm if they are planning to optimize the game to be supported by the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 controller, they might be able to provide further suggestions for this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos